1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arai Tour Xd4?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by AndyD2574, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Looking at an Arai TourXD4

Any feedback on lid good / bad?

Anyone know of any good deals out there.

My bonce is mahoosive so I need an XL and aria's seem to fit without leaving a stupid red mark on my forehead

Ta

2. I have the Ducati X4 in XL and its lovely, nice fit and had a few different X3, 4's over the years and had no problems with them at all. You need to adjust the peak ever slightly down at the front if you use a large screen on the bike as it catches the wind but no biggy. If you use a short screen no worries as the wind hits you in the chest.

Not many good deals about as they are a popular helmet other than EBay jobbies.

V3 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have the same helmet for high days and holidays and a shoei hornet ds for work. The Arai feels light years ahead of the hornet although there is a newer version of the hornet.

4. I use one minus the peak on the monster, cuts through the air nicely and feels quite roomy. The downside is the visor is a pain to change

5. Loved mine and it fitted just fine. The only 2, not issues as such but observations, around/above 85 mph it becomes noticeable that you have a peak on and in some positions it seems to block your far off vision in a way that sometimes. I found myself not so much sitting upright more but more tilting my head back quite a bit. This would be the same I suspect for any lid with a peak still on.

On the whole though, a great helmet with or without the peak and would certainly buy one again.

6. I have one for when I'm on the Multi, great helmet love it.

7. Me too - Have Black and Red Ducati one - Great helmet - little noisy

Done over 10,000 miles in last 18 months on a Multi and Scrambler.

Need ear plugs and visor can be a pain to clean / change.

I use a pinlock to help misting - but it does not resolve issue completely

Helmet visor closes above about 70 or 80 - so I have rigged a stop so that the visor can not close completely and i get air up inside

Stops it misting - but means the pinlock does not seal..

I also fitted the optional breath guard - that further helps on misting.

I have 2 Shoei Neotec and earlier / later model and also a hornet.

Much prefer this helmet.

8. I use the Arai 90% of the time but just bought this one for Touring as I like the open face feeling when bimbling through towns and hot weather.

E1 g.jpg

9. You can adjust the pinlock on the mounting cam/pins and as for misting there are a couple more vents you can open from the inside that has totally cleared the misting on mine.

10. I have everything open and have the pinlock set so when the visor is flat - it is snug - any more and it wont sit down

I am open to suggestions - I have tried 3 pinlocks and on second visor

THANKS

11. Snorkel?

12. If anyone's interested, I've just bought a new Chaser so the Tour X is spare, probably worn about a dozen times, frost black, clear and dark pin lock visors, unmarked, open to offers

Ped

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anyone fitted any Bluetooth Comms to the Arai was wondering what they are like with say an Interphone Sport system fitted, Room for the ear pieces etc. ... wind noise...

Was going to go for a Schuberth E1 but the comments on the peak moving badly are putting me off a bit!

14. I have the scala cardo G9x fitted to mine and it's brilliant. Loads to room for the speakers and mic. Wind noise is good too

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have a tour x4 as it fits comfortably on my massive bonce, I removed the peak to get less buffering but its an ace helmet

16. Frost Black x4 here. Got to agree with all the comments, very comfy on the GS - longest day 13hrs - but a bit blustery on the Scrambler, I've got Sena 10S fitted and it is a doddle to fit and configure and gives amazing battery life, good quality audio etc (to a point - on the Scrambler it's inaudible above about 75mph as no screen and the wind is mithering the peak of the Arai.

You can ride without peak and it comes with some alternate visor end caps for that scenario. Changing visors is a dick and a half, although note that a 5p coin is perfect for the screws, don't use a screwdriver as you'll chavel them up.

I also tried the AGV equivalent and although it was a great hat with a perfect AGV fit there were no recesses for the speakers at ear-level, and after stupidly trying to fit the Sena into my Pista GP I figured I'd play it safe and go with the Arai. Very happy with it.

BTW: GearChange in Scunthorpe are having a sale on Arai and they have a few Tour X4 available here

17. So the Arai X4 has recesses for internal ear pieces?

18. It does indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lovin mine - got scala g9x fitted.
    Also have Schuberth E1 for daily commute and in my opinion the Arai betters the kraut offering in every respect

• Like Like x 2
  20. Recently bought the Tour X4 to go with my Desert Sled, best helmet that I have ever bought - comfort, visibility and looks (in my opinion)

IMG_5018.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information