1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are We About To Say 'goodbye' To Ducati, Aprilia, Mv ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rivercop, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Well, in 23 years there's going to be no more petrol bikes allowed. So what do you think will happen to the smaller bike manufacturers ?

Are they going to keep on spending money on R&D knowing that its the end of bikes as we know them ?

Can the smaller companies move to electric in time to save their companies from going under ?

I for one doubt it. I think we're at the pinnacle of bikes as we know them. Either the manufacturers spend their cash on designing electrics or they will be left behind and die out.

2. I would say this depends more if the market is still there? I see more people on 50cc scooters and bikes upto 125 but not a lot beyond that.

Most of the sales over 125 going into proper bikes ,seem to be the same people and that block of the same people are getting older. Between dealers pre registering and the same people buying multiple bikes over the years, I suspect new blood is quite low

3. Well, MotoGP have already announced an all electric class in 2019. It's things like this that could swing it, manufacturers won't mind the R&D if plenty of people are watching the racing and going out and buying the on-the-road products the are derived from this.

The problem at the moment is, electric MotoGP will be looking at short, 10 lap races and no doubt there'll be some that run out of juice in those initial races where they try for max power. People on the road aren't going to want an electric motorbike that can do 150mph for a trip to the shops and back. People will want a decent range and if that comes at a cost of 60mph max speeds, the whole thing is dead in the water. I could probably live with a car that tops out at the speed limit, but not a bike.

4. i dont think it will happen, oil companies wont let it happen.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. British gas now upping their electricity prices by 14.5%... I think we've got a new cartel on the block and the more and more electricity we want, the more they'll start bleeding us dry for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. And blaming green taxes for all of it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Has it gone up another 2% since yesterday?

8. whit? but, but May said she would cap the utility prices?.
    btw, its complacency that encourages cartels. its our own fault.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Yes they will.
    The 100 biggest container ships on the high seas probably use more diesel than all the cars in Europe put together.
    You then have aircraft fuel, jet fuel is also almost diesel, and every RAF training flight uses a couple of tons of the stuff in one aircraft.
    An A380 aircraft has nearly a third of a million litres fuel capacity and a 747 about half of that. When the government say they will tax cars to reduce pollution, they forget about all the other things using fuel. How many people/farms/factories still have oil fired heating?
    It is all a ploy to stop people being individuals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Just checked, the link I sent to the mother in law (she's with BG) yesterday does state 14.5% but every other link states 12.5%. :thinkingface:

• Sarcastic Clap Sarcastic Clap x 1
  11. yet if all the people in the a380 drove to their destination i believe the plane uses less.

12. All the TV news programmes said 12.5% too.

13. if you make boats and planes electric how will they recharge??

14. Duh... water conducts... just stick some leccy in it and i'm sure it will be fine :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. The oil companies are not bothered. All they will do is keep putting the prices up as more and more people go electric. It will be another 20 years after 2040 before petrol cars will eventually become extinct. Expect fuel prices to just keep going up and up and up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Be lucky to get across the channel in a ford mondeo

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wa
    Wave technology. Probably the only way it will ever work effectively :confused::thinkingface::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I wonder if we'll suddenly see some new energy companies cropping up... Pil companies basically buying up the new market with all their wealth.

19. I can't see waving powering anything

20. Maybe in the U.K. but I’ve not read the rest of the world will be Electric by then, if at all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information