1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariete Alu Rub Grips = Rizoma Alternative That Are Not Too Short?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by tboooe, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Its well documented that Rizoma grips while looking totally awesome are too short (119mm) requiring users to either cut the ends of the clipons or move the controls down the towards the grips in order to eliminate the gap. I didnt want to cut my clipons or make any other modifications because then I would have to make further adjustments if I ever decide to get grips that are the standard length (122mm). After searching around a bit I stumbled across the Ariete Alu Rub grips which look a lot like the Rizoma and even has a similar attachment method using a screw on the clutch side. The best part is that Ariete Alu Rub is not only longer (125mm) but also cheaper ($40). Additionally, you can use aftermarket throttle tubes so you are not stuck using the cheap plastic cams that come with the Rizomas.

Has anyone tried these grips?

2. No.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. I guess I will be the guinea pig. I am going to get a pair and try them with the G2 Throttle Tamer. By the way, based on the feedback from one of the owners of G2, I will be actually using one made for Aprilia. The reason is that I am looking for a progressive throttle but one that has a bit less wrist turn. I will compare it to the stock Ducati cam.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information