1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrghh!! Help Please

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Dan027, May 30, 2016.

1. warming up my hyper today and the fabric dust cover that I took off and hung on the shelf fell down and melted its self to the Exhuast headers,arghh!! I've tryed thinners and petrol with a light scourer but won't budge, does anyone have and solution on how to remove the melted on material from the pipe,any input would great

2. Image or it didn't happen..

3. why would anyone make up a story like that, anyway here's an image image.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. well thats fucked....

• Like Like x 1
  5. heat may be the answer

6. You think it might burn off with use, or getting it hot and then try and remove it

7. ;)

#7 Hyperextended, May 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. burn off with use... trying to remove when hot may be painful! had a dust cover melt on my 900ss end can and it took ages (about a year) to burn of the marks but it eventually did. given its on ya header it should happen faster

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have you tried acetone? I buy litre bottles but nick some of the wife's nail varnish remover and try that first as it is acetone, moves all sorts of stuff including nail varnish.

• Like Like x 3
  10. acetone is good shit... at worse put some in a bag and inhale... you WILL forget about the burn marks

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Thanks guys, will give all those a go, only had it a month, put a new end can on it and was all proud of the Exhuast and then done that was gutted lol

12. mate, i spent 2 years rebuilding my 748, had it home 2 weeks and dropped it in my workshop smashing the headlight and cracking the new and newly painted carbon nosecone... i feel ya pain

13. Ah mate, you must of been spewing mines pretty minor compared to that, it's the first bike I've had in 15 years after smashing my foot to pieces motorcrossing,and vowing no more bikes, tryed kart racing for a few years to try fill the hole that bikes left,but once you've ridden you allways come back,and I must say I'm loving it,it's great to be back in the saddle already looking at what to buy next lol.. Cheers chizel

• Like Like x 1
  14. Well the image inspired peoples reactions ;)

I'd say ceramic coat the exhaust which will get all the external crud removed before been coated.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brake cleaner or upvc cleaner solvent, which is acetone based. Know any window fitters?

• Like Like x 1
  16. All great suggestions cheers fellas

17. Heat....when I picked up my hyper last month I burnt the boot heel of my Sidi's to the exhust (massively) I reckon I went through about a good half inch of rubber, leather and plastic...it looked like it was welded on there until it went to CJS and chris gave it a good caning...once it came off the dyno I literally scratched it with my finger and it all came off in one go...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheers comfy

19. There was a mention of this in MCN this week. They came up with stainless cookware cleaning paste. Looked like they were using this stuff:
    Astonish Oven and Cookware Cleaner 500g: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
    It is mildly abrasive. Whether that means you end up having to do the entire pipe I don't know. Worth a try in a discreet stop though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeah right sounds like it's worth ago,gonna give all these ago when the weather turns for the better will post the results up, for all too see for future reference, just in case, I suppose worst way I will end up with a very shiny header pipe

Do Not Sell My Personal Information