1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Arrow Decat Pipe Issues / Questions

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Jun 1, 2019.

1. So my new decat pipe turned up yesterday, and it looks lovely.
    I had a go at fitting it last night and failed miserably.
    I've had another go this morning, and it semi clear to me that it's just not going to fit, it's the wrong shape.

With it placed on the rear header and the silencer fitted, if I pull it across to the mount the front collector hits the frame. The swinging arm clearance is very marginal too.
    If I pull the front across to clear the frame then there is no clearance at the swing arm end.

I initially tried this with the front collector in place but took it off incase it was contributing (it was but only because it is trying to hold the front pipe where it needs to be).
    I have pictures but not uploaded them here. I will if people want me to.

So, what to do...
    I could apply a bit of heat and try to bend it into shape, but don't think I should need to, and if I do I then cannot send it back or have any warranty.
    For now I've contacted the seller to see how they want to proceed, but I have a feeling they will all be like it.

Now the questions:
    Who else has fitted one, and did you have to bend it, or have clearance issues ?
    Mwhite I recall you saying on https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/check-your-mufflers-gentlemen.67466/ that your silencer had hit the swinging arm. I wonder if this is why.

Given that it's stainless can I get it hot enough with a propane torch to bend it a bit ?
    And will it potentially revert to its old shape when it gets hot ?

2. You shouldn’t have to heat it - if you do it’s wrong so send it back , or it’s a fitting issue
    When fitting the LV decat on my 1200 the last thing to go on was the silencer - can you not get the decat and front pipe on and then look for clearance for the silencer ?

3. John, I have an full Arrow decat fitted to my DVT, I fitted it myself and it went on without any of the issues you have found. Is yours a DVT? I seem to remember you have a twin spark. If so I wonder if that is the issue.
    I live in Loxwood and I have an idea you are in Cranleigh. If it helps I could ride over and we can compare exhausts/bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys.
    It's on now, after a bit of heat, and a minor tweak.
    This is on a 2018 1200 enduro.

To clarify, I did originally follow the instructions and fitted it to the front header, then put the silencer on. It was clear at this stage that it did not line up so I packed up for the evening.
    This morning I took it all off and put the bypass pipe on on it's own and then with the silencer, to see what was going on.
    The front part of the pipe is off, such that if I bolted the silencer to its mount the front pipe was touching the frame and the front header would be about 30mm to the left side of where it should be.
    Sticking the front header on and trying to pull it back simply made the silencer end interfere with the swinging arm.

After a bit of heat it now lines up pretty well.

Coman, thanks for the offer :upyeah:. Yes I'm just north of cranleigh :cool:

5. OK, glad you fixed it. I guess the Enduro is different again to the 'road' bike.
    I'll keep an eye out for you.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information