1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask The Boss! Ducati Uk Managing Director, Tim Maccabee

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rob, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great news! Tim Maccabee, the man in charge at Ducati UK, has agreed to be interviewed exclusively for Ducati Forum. Off the back of the Ducati World Première with the range of new models I'm sure the Ducatisti here have some questions. Maybe you want to know how VW has influenced Ducati, what is the point in the Scrambler or why the Multistrada still doesn't have a quick shifter!

So here's your chance. Use this thread to post your question. Keep it sensible, on point and we can get as many questions as possible asked to the MD of Ducati UK. I can't guarantee we can get everything in so choose some good ones.

Post your questions below.

2. Can we expect to see the return of extended warranties? My factory warranty is up soon...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. As other premium brands have introduced ranges of retro styled bikes after Ducati ceased production of the Sport Classic range, what plans does Ducati have regarding the future production of another range of retro styled bikes?

If there are plans for another retro range, would this involve the use of 4-valve liquid cooled engines or 2-valve air cooled engines?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fastener quality, why do they not appear to use automotive standard that pass salt spray testing such as VW group cars have to?

#4 Exige, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. @AirCon - please edit your first post to include your questions.

Everyone else, please keep questions succinct and on point - much higher chance of getting them answered then. And please keep the thread questions only. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think he means put all your questions in the one post? Perhaps :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Why still a single colour for the 1299.
    Fairing and hugger bolts not made of cheese.

8. What is being done to improve quality control ?

Fuel gauge problems
    LCD screens that scratch
    Back brakes that work ?

This is not acceptable on a premium brand.

Please do not delete this post !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. The LCD screen on the Multistrada looks fantastic but is prone to scratching, are there any plans to replace these screens with something more durable and more in keeping with a premium brand ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Are there any plans to

a. Increase the existing warranty beyond 2 years

b. Have the option of extending that warranty.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I'd like to see dealers having courtesy bikes available when 'our' machines are been worked on. This is offered with bmw as a way of making sure customers can nip off & do tasks for either a few hours or few days (dependant upon milage & work needed).

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Why has it taken five years and several goes to produce a fuel gauge sender which works reliably and accurately?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Why are workshop manuals for recent models so difficult for users to get hold of?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Variable valve timing would make it possible to replicate the timing of an 1198 superbike, or of a pre-DVT Multistrada. So why is there no such option provided?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Would it ? Are the profiles the same ? I thought DVT just altered the phase difference (overlap) between the camshafts in a broad way. Micromanaging the overlap to effectively vary the profile as well as timing within a single valve open or close cycle would be a very big ask and probably beyond the capabilities of the sensors / hardware ?

16. Any improvement on your APR on PCP plans for next year. BMW ran a promotion of 2.9%. Have you considered 0% interest over 3 years which you offered a few years back ........... PCP not for everyone, why do you keep pushing them ? lets have some options please, like 50% deposit, 24 months not 36 etc etc

#16 tricolore, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I believe Ducati Sweden falls under the overall management of Ducati UK. Is this correct and if so, how do I push my warranty issues with a 2015 Panigale R towards the UK customer service team, as I am out of patience with the poor support that I am receiving here?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Why do new bikes only come in 2 or 3 colour choices when cars have around a dozen? Its only a few plastic panels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. At what point does the balance tip: style over substance?

• WTF WTF x 1

20. This has the potential to be an interesting thread- if Tim is offering his input and time to take feedback from customers.

If only.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information