1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At Last, Fluck & Law/ Spitting Image Returns.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Sep 28, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. You could well be right but in a similar vein - "Have I got News for you" has survived so far, much to my surprise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. A program I used to watch religiously, but I haven't bothered with for about 6 years now. Left wing sniping with the usual protagonists having a lot of cheap shots lined up to shoot at guests who don't "believe" the "correct" viewpoint.

Isabelle Oaskshot said it better than I could (25s in).

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 10.56.20.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. That’s because it’s fronted with genuine comedians who are shall we say experienced. Rob’s POV was very much my first thought too, hope we’re wrong

• Like Like x 1
  4. The "comedians" may help, but it's the subject matter that will inevitably make it sink or swim and they certainly both have this in common.

5. No - it really hasn't survived, Chris.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ah, ok, not a regular viewer myself these days but it kinda has "survived*" or would have been pulled by now? - possibly not for much longer though.

*all down to the definition

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes, the definition.

Survived as a zombie-version of itself? Absolutely.
    Survived as an apolitical political satire show of worth and interest to people with a broad range of values and beliefs? Not a fucking chance.

That was the original point of HIGNFY. It showed you the shady underbelly of UK politics and celebrity, regardless of PC or bias.
    When it eschewed that viewpoint and that mission statement - the programme died and began to rot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. The only reason it has "survived" is that it's on the BBC. Any other channel and it would have been gone years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'm hoping Spitting Image will be merciless and funny - nailing the headliners of all types.

As it would appear the US will be hosting it, it may have limited appeal to Brits, unless they are predisposed to a little leg pulling of the BFO. Still it likely won't require a license fee either so I will be looking forward to giving it a fair chance.

10. thank you for the invite, but I haven't got the courage of my convictions. as you know, being a *cough* journalist, exposing "other peoples" lies and hypocrisy, not my own, is the name of the game. getting people to laugh, goes against everything I have ever worked towards. laughter wont work when we know getting people angry is way more motivational.

• Like Like x 1
  11. As she said, heavily scripted and basically an ambush. Of course because it comes from the direction of your political bias, you choose to see what you want to see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. "Have i got news for you" has & is banned from my front room since the 2016 referendum vote.............tossers: unamused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. As do we all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. :eyes:

15. Or aren't you allowed to use the remote?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. :thinkingface: I didn't set out to oppose these views 100% (as evident in previous posts) - i.e. I agree in part but I need to respond to this when I have time to carefully word a reply.

https://www.indy100.com/article/gen...for-you-bbc-bias-labour-conservatives-7710551

17. E1AC39AB-0B07-496B-82F3-5146A349377F.jpeg

Hewitt’s kid :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. A mistake that people commonly make (not you Chris, i know you are capable of great discernment) is that programmes like HIGNFY, and indeed the BBC as an organisation, have a bias towards "the Left" or towards "the Right". This is out-of-date and indeed, a deliberate red herring.

The actual bias is more insidious, and far-reaching. The BBC is a cheerleader, a propagandising mouthpiece, for the anti-nationalist, pro-globalist forces that permeate every level of society,from bottom to top. The open-borders, Marxist, social justice, anti-conservative*, anti-nation state, climate change grifting, big government, big business, movers and shakers who employ shills like Tony Blair, John Major, Ken Clarke, Femi and all the rest, to scold, mold and cajole populations and governments into fulfilling the globalists' greedy, profitable aims.

Yeah, yeah, conspiracy theory, yadda yadda. Spare me.
    You'll all get there one day. When you start paying attention.

* anti-conservative values, not anti-Conservative Party, in case anyone is confused.

Further debate on the globalist subject belongs in another thread. We now return you to Fluck and Law.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information