1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 At Last!..the Bst’s Have Arrived….

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Poucher, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Finally after over 3 months of waiting ( don’t believe anyone who quotes 6-8 weeks! )my BST carbon wheels were delivered yesterday , these are the finishing touches to my bike,….possibly??

93891951-AB40-4A94-A0C5-DCD1CA50A4B8.jpeg

C9A231EC-5D9A-4501-BBF0-58CC87199D49.jpeg

We all know that the rear wheel of the 899 is made of lead, but it’s not until you compare the feel in your hand that the difference sinks in..
    A bit of fag packet maths here…
    57AACB1B-B0AF-42BC-BEFA-D65B2432ACD0.jpeg

The comparison above is each wheel minus tyre only, so everything’s on the wheels that you need, discs, spacers, sprockets etc, just no tyres….just look at the saving on the rear wheel alone , ……….4.4 kgs!!, that’s mad !

Couldn’t wait to get them on the bike and try them, now I normally fit my own tyres but I just wouldn’t even attempt these, there’s virtually no well in the wheel and the rim bead is pretty big so I was stood outside of C&S tyres in Middlesbrough this morning before they even opened o_O !
    New set of Bridgestone S22s spooned on,…luvvly!

3B6CF29F-F6C3-4343-B4CE-041AB4ACB4AB.jpeg

Sneaky bin shot there for @Ducbird ;)
    97C3046B-3ADF-41B9-BA79-76CA63AD4E20.jpeg
    An hour or so’s frantic spannering and I left the garage like a bomb site and was ready to go!
    They look pretty neat in a stealth sort of way, I think only an enthusiast would know they are not the standard wheels
    DEF39749-D773-4583-BAB8-FC361FC18585.jpeg

I think only the lack of spokes in the rear wheel gives you a clue?

E5903EB0-5DCA-4839-B13A-9F758BCF2CE6.jpeg

Bit of a carbon-fest going on now :upyeah:

Amazed at the difference they have made to how the bike feels, had a ride over the Helmsley TT, took it a bit steady at first cos of the new tyres , but on the way back I could feel the grip getting better.
    The bike just feels totally more eager, noticeable how much more flickable it is now, picks up in the gears better as though it’s on steroids now! :joy: made the bike feel as though the brakes were binding on before!
    Has also noticeably improved the ride quality, these combined with the K-tech shock have made a world of difference, feels like a totally different top quality ride now.

A guy in one of those Westfield/ Lotus seven things was keen to have a go, though he was gonna have me, didn’t happen…...stupid boy Pike !!:joy::joy:

God I love this bike :D:upyeah:

• Like Like x 19
  2. They look lush :upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Reminds me when I bought and fitted the BSTs to my 998S. Loved them. I bet I end up fitting them to the 959 one day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Now that I’ve experienced riding on them,…..worth every penny!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuck sakes. It's posts like this that make me want to spend even more money on goodies

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. :joy::joy:…If you’ve got the money, go for it!…….if you haven’t got the money,…..still go for it:D:upyeah:

I fancy a downblipper for it next :thinkingface: ??

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Haha!! That's been my motto to date. Buy and worry later. I was a financial advisor once. Wonder why that didn't last :thinkingface:

On the auto blipper, when they work they're bloody good, but I hate the one on my V2 and wish I could turn it off. I'd be faster round a lap without it.

8. Best looking wheels bar none. Fact :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. You can turn them off can’t you?? I’m pretty sure you can on the 899?
    Re the downblipper, I bought the updated Ninja 1000SX last year for touring duties and that’s got quickshifter and downblipper, now it’s amazing what you get used to once you have it, and that’s set me off wanting one on the 899,….gonna have to look into it :thinkingface:

10. Not on this one you can't, I tried. It's either all on or all off and I like the upshifts. I'm convinced there's a fault somewhere though, but my local dealer doesn't quite have the in depth engineering inquisitive desire to look into it. They just plug it in and say it's fine. Like I say, when it works it's amazing.

11. Definitely a massive transformation in every aspect! Very underestimated…. And money very well spent:upyeah: it literally is like riding another bike once you have experienced the BST carbon wheels …. Epic

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sorry thread drift. Auto blipper - bear in mind the ecu will work out what Rev you will be at when the gear is selected and, if too high so as to risk over revving, won’t let you. Therefore at fast track sped some seem to experience ‘intermittent issues’.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Above comment

14. Yeah I'm aware of this and the twins don't rev as high as the modern 4 strokes so does initially trick the mind until you are used to it . A good family friend works for Aprilia (piagio group) as some sort of chief technician. Not sure of exact title I just know people escalated stuff to him when dealers can't fix stuff etc, but he said the same thing as they had complaints and it ended up being the same thing you mentioned, but I tested delaying down changing later and I still had issues. I have footage of it so if I can cut it so you don't have to watch 20mins, I'll post it. (Elsewhere as I've ruined a good post. Sorry @Poucher o_O)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Barsteward.

16. :joy:..Life’s too short mate, fancied a set of these for ages, pleased I pushed the button but the wait time is a killer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Snap.....

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c63.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. When you have as little talent as I have, carbon is your friend :worried:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I’ve been waiting over a year for the TKCC rear to match the front doo da on my 899 hybrid.
    End of next month says de Deutch menchen :upyeah:

8567936A-2CFF-4E1B-BF4A-E14901CE3E50.png

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information