1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aussie Road Hazards

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Brouny851, Aug 26, 2020.

1. In this case, not a kangaroo or other wildlife. Rather a humble Gumnut (about 1" in size).

It's not yet the season for them to drop but one rogue bastard did ... and entering a left hander the front tyre of my GSXR1000 found it. The pictures probably speak for themselves, luckily I was fully clad in track gear, but still the only bit that doesn't hurt as I type this are my fingers. Will go for an assessment tomorrow. And yes i have full insurance.

20200826_175217.jpg Bike 1.jpg Bike 2.jpg

• WTF WTF x 2
  2. Things like these are always on bends...:thinkingface:

Not dark enough for a dog/deer/badger/small child or fox to run out...

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. You don't have it easy do you :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Looks like the keyring survived ok :upyeah:

5. Target fixation

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. WTF????

Have a look at the trees, they're called Gum trees. I know that the bars yanked out of my hands.

What you know is ... :poop:

7. @Brouny851 what does a gumnut look like? Is it just a big nut type thing? Did it puncture the tyre or did the tyre lose grip as it rolled over it?
    Who owns the tree? Sue the bastard!

8. Hard as a rock when they dry out and they will litter lots of otherwise good riding roads in a month or so making them unrideable. Front tyre gets jolted by them and they are hazardous at lean or even bolt upright.

gumnut.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I don’t understand this post. Why are you nuking everyone & where has your entire wheel gone???

10. I have only nuked one member who has accused me of lying as to the cause of the accident. The front wheel is shown in the second photo with spokes snapped.

11. Ere, are you in Oz or San Fran?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  12. Why would you be lying? Anyway hell of a spill that one fella. Can’t believe the state of the bike, never seen a wheel do that before. Hope you’re insurance pays up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Looks like you are lucky just to be sore judging by the state of what was your bike.
    Hope all works out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fck fck and fck. Least you got to hobble away that looks an epic crash.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wow walked away. That's what insurance is for , glad you're ok

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the good wishes from ppl. Been in hospital all day having scans etc. Got a broken knee, ankle and a few cracked ribs.

Count myself very lucky with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GWS. Lucky.

18. Glad to hear you aren’t too badly damaged.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here’s to a quick recovery and no more drama :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. GWS. Nasty tumble. Conker season here soon, but they do tend to crush well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information