1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Motogp

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Masklin, Apr 21, 2017.

1. FP1...

IMG_2244.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Wow, for a second I thought the thread title was Austin Montego! Now that's a car :)

IMG_1435.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Austin Montego FP2...

IMG_2251.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. The track surface has rippled badly in several places since last year which is upsetting the bikes. I can't remember if F1 uses Austin. If they do it would explain the damage. FP3 tomorrow looks like it could be in cooler conditions so if it's that bit slower, places in Q1 and Q2 might already be decided. In the hope people realise this post will contain spoilers, where did Zarco pull that lap from ? Any news on Abrahms after his crash ? Seemed nasty and he was definitely favouring one leg. Hope it's not broken again. Andy

5. As an apprentice I remember them as the stuff of nightmares .. Montego came through the door all the mechanics legged it to the loo in the hope the reception manager wouldn't see them and give them the job! The Austin Alegro or "All Agro" as we called it was another one..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, we are the F1 track also. Beautiful weather today, supposed to be 20F cooler tomorrow...high of 66 and cloudy. I live 20 minutes from the track. Have never missed MotoGP. Have never been to F1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Interesting to see how well Zarco is doing! Great debut...

8. My god. How far we've come in 30 years. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Own a Mercedes, Citroen, Renault or Vauxhall...not far enough ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Here's another beaut:
    IMG_1438.JPG
    Remember hydro elastic suspension?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh god yes.. the Princess or the "Cheese Wedge" when you put one of those on the hoist the whole so called chassis used to twist it was so thin! Suspension wise the old Citroen had to be the best and worst all wrapped up into one.. BL what an iconic brand, not..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. And don't forget there was a posh version of the Alegro called the " Vanden Plas" God that was ugly!

wben you think of some of the great cars that were around at the same kind of time though it makes you question BL's mindset.. like the Mk1 Golf and Scirocco ( both still look great today) the Alfa Sud.. I believe the Audi Quattro was just around the corner too..

To think we had already built Concorde by then too makes you question what BL's designers were on..

13. They were on a three day week I think. Up the workers!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. The world needed the square steering wheel.

15. Some things dont change.....

IMG_2433.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Known in the trade as the cesspit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Save of the season so far...

Twitter

18. lol ridiculous
    Loved the foot wagging in glee/cheekiness at the end there

19. I didn't think Rossi did much wrong with vinales what am I missing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information