1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Auto-blipper Issue

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, May 22, 2022.

1. Hi, the last couple of rides I’ve had an occasional issue with the auto blipper when down shifting. The gear won’t change down and the gear change lever feels solid( probably because it’s not changing gear). I have changed the gearing -1F+1R but a few on here said it is ok to do this. I’ve checked the chain to make sure it’s not too loose too. Any thoughts guys?

2. Use the tyre calibration function to tell the ECU what revs you are doing in 2nd gear at 20mph. Andy

3. Thanks. I’ll try that tomorrow if I get out on it. Do I simply sit at exactly 20mph until it registers the wheel size?

4. Guessing it’s the same as the Panigale V4, highlight ‘tyre calibration’ and follow the instructions. I think it's a steady 20mph +/- 1mph in 2nd gear for about 20 seconds. The dash will tell you if it's successful. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. give or take 10mph...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had the same issue on my bike, it was the final straw tbh. It was a solid lever, I was a bit caught out by it at the time but seemed to remember that I couldn't shift up either, I pulled the clutch in and then the lever moved, so it's like it just refused to blip, the weird thing is that the sensor on these has a spring in so it compresses a tiny bit, this just felt like the whole thing was jammed. I was probably doing 40mph, slightly higher revs. I had re-calibrated my tyre a few rides before because throughout the whole time I had the bike I had issues with it.

I should say mine was a Feb 2020 so definitely the first batch but my auto blip used to sometimes feel like not enough revs were being applied and other times would shove me forwards like someone had grabbed the throttle, I think I ended up with Engine brake on the highest setting because if not the autoblip was horrid.

A real shame. Even typing this, I hate talking about it because the V2 was my poster bike, I'm sure the newer ones are generally better but agree the bike needs to be calibrated to the tyre regularly and the chain of course needs to be perfect.

7. I had this issue recently on my 1299, blipper was bust. Changed to the Translogic unit and all good again so if you're in warranty (which I assume you are) I'd be talking to Ducati if the tyre cal doesn't help

8. I’ve just been out again this morning and yes, still get the occasional solid lever on down shift and no you mention it the qs does sometimes surge the bike forward. It’s booked in at Ducati Stoke on Saturday so hopefully they’ll sort it. I’ll just be annoyed if they take it for a quick spin and say it’s fine, but I have confidence that they’ll believe what I’m telling them what it is doing. They’ve been good so far. I’ve also got the engine light on too which may be related.

9. Yeah, the tyre cal didn’t make any difference. I’d assume they will supply and fit an oem shifter and I’ll have to see how long that lasts. I’ve got a trackday in July so I don’t want any issues shifting gear. Fingers crossed.

10. Now I don't want to sound negative to the V2 because I really really liked the bike except the damn blipper. It was the absolute bane of my life! Speak to many of the TriOptions guys and they'll tell you the same thing. I think there is early promise that the new Racetorx Gear Shaft support helps, but thats just from what people say as I never had chance to try it. I ended up using the clutch as I just didn't trust it. Shame you can't turn it off and just have the quickshifter.

Fingers crossed it's a fault thats easily fixed though rather than my personal experience.

11. Cheers Jamie. If it continues to be a pain I’ll probably go down the aftermarket route. I’ve heard of blip box and a few others but I’m not sure which to buy.

12. Investigate everything before you do. I got translogic and still had issues although up shifts were definitely better and when it worked, down shifts were better, but the primary issue still persisted.

For info, this is the product I was talking about before https://racetorx.co.uk/product/rtx440/

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers Jamie.

14. Last message I promise :) My old V2 I sold to a trioptions chap is now running top 3 so it can't be all bad :D

15. Took the bike to Ducati Stoke on Saturday and the technician confirmed that there is an issue with the autoblipper part of the gear change rod. Was told by the service manager to try it again to see if it had reset but no joy. Waiting now for the warranty claim to be approved and then the part to arrive and then a service slot. At least they confirmed what I thought was as the issue and not ‘it’s your replacement rearsets’ as I’ve had in the past until it was out of warranty and then ‘ah, yes we can sort that gear change issue for you ££££’

16. I had my qs/autoblipper replaced on Saturday and all was well for a few miles and then it stopped working on downshifts until I went back up the gears or I downshifted using the clutch. I read on an earlier post about a scored gear shaft so took mine out to inspect it. It was free from scoring but should it be covered in engine oil? Is it not sealed at the clutch side? Any advice before contacting Ducati Service would be welcomed.

17. The only other thing I found on mine (although didn't fix anything) was the gear position sensor that sits behind the front sprocket cover (I think from memory) was not just a bit loose, was ready to fall off. Worth checking as it's a quick thing to check. Other than that, I'm probably no help from this point on :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheers Jamie. Checked that when I put the front sprocket on. Hopefully Ducati will come up with an answer.

19. Yesterday I refitted the standard 15t front sprocket and went for a test ride today and the bike was flawless. Downshifting correctly each and every time. Could it be my termignoni UpMap which is causing my issue?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information