1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Start Bypassing.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by laava, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Did a bypass today on my Monster S4R starting circuit. I am going to assume that this auto start feature is the same on a few other Ducatis of this era...
    I know the std setup has a heap of parameters built in, controlled by the ecu but endless problems getting it to actually go prompted me to just completely bypass the wiring loom altogether.
    So I chopped the two wires that pop out of the RH switchblock for the start button, hooked one to the park light positive and extended the other wire back to trigger a 20A mini relay, which has a gruntier power supply to the original solenoid. Which I also cut the wires from, to separate from the loom, and go back to the neg terminal on the batt and the power out on the mini relay.
    So this means that the clutch and side stand switches will no longer isolate the starter circuit but to be honest, it will just be like an older bike!

#1 laava, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. You just need to connect the 2 wires that go into and out of the ecu.

3. After all the trouble I have had with electronics this year on my Ducatis, the last thing I wanted to do was start messing with ecu wires if I am not 100% sure what I am doing!:)
    Although I did do a quick search for auto start solutions etc, but didn't find a solution there...

#3 laava, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. Are you able to point me in the direction of a thread or source of info on doing this? I now have a great sounding starter but am reluctant to fire up and have a bit of a flat spot mid range...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information