1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Aux Spot Lights - Fitting

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bumpkin, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Bought a set of the older Ducati OEM axillary spot lights off of a member, they've been sitting in the box for a few weeks. Have a service next week so looking to fit them over the weekend and get the dealer to enable them whilst they have my bike plugged in.

I understand that fairing sides, tank cover and tank have to be removed to fit and plug these in, something of a PITA that's kept me from getting on with this job but I'm now under time pressure to do it :rolleyes:

I have this video to refer to, albeit in reverse, for the stripping. Can anyone please let me know the location of the connector on the 1260?

Last night came back from IAM meeting intentionally running the tank onto reserve to make the job easier.

2. I transferred my spots from my 1200 to 1260, it is over 3 years since I fitted them but I don't recall removing the tank, the connector was bottom left of the fuel tank to the rear of the headstock, with a link cable (part of the kit), going across to the right spotlight. If you do need to remove the tank, leave the tank cover attached to it and remove as one unit, far easier than separating them, and things remain aligned as they should be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hi Bumpkin.
    Re fit mine from my 1200s to the 1260s this April. Did not remove tank or side panels, just the emergency start / key over run cover.
    Difficult connection block to find but as Kartman said left hand side ( sat on bike ) just below the radiator mount on my red frame bike is the 3 pinned white / cream connection block. Set in this 3 pinned connection, is a blank cover. This is difficult to separate from the connecting block.
    Persevere with loss of skin off your knuckles and a lot of swearing , you should find.
    Good luck.

BF546F58-5AEA-41F8-A880-86A14E75B263.jpeg

839D689F-662F-44FD-BA1D-F21332BFA84D.jpeg

D8C43436-8316-4660-A991-D54935568F7A.jpeg

B0503D8D-BC10-493B-8EBF-2732492A0BF4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks both, esp. Pete with those pictures. Very helpful :upyeah:

5. Connector was exactly there, tucked in (had to view from below to see it) and practically no slack made it something of a struggle to get the blanking piece out. Rad mounting bolts are too short, I guess the kit came from new with longer ones to compensate for the thickness of the mounting brackets. Luckily I have a great hardware shop across the road. All fitted, have to finish up putting the remaining fairing side on tomorrow as collecting daughter took over. Thanks for the heads up, quicker and less complex job than I thought it would be.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information