1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bikerkev, Mar 19, 2016.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. Iirc they are powered by the sat nav connection but I'm not totally sure where it is on a DVT, my 2013 bike has it behind the left fairing rear section above the radiator. As to how to do it. Carefully and methodically, I save the tops of spray cans so the bolts of each part I remove go in one and it is kept with that part.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Here are the instructions for the installation of the Auxiliary Lights on the DVT model. They plug into a dedicated connector unlike on previous models which piggy backed off the Sat Nav connector.

3. I have just removed my leds and they plug into the yellowy looking plug below.

IMG_1586.JPG

4. Hi mate
    I've just fitted my auxiliary light .I know I have go to my local dealer to have them switch on at ecu . Did you have buy a new handle bar switch . ?l what switch did you use,

5. I didn't mate, they were fitted by the dealer when I bought the bike as part of a pack but on the DVT there is a specific fog light switch on the left hand bar. page 39 of the rider manual.

On the pre DVT you need the switch that sits on the left hand bar but it is part of the fog light kit. Hope that all makes sense.

6. Thanks for info I get back to the deal as I didn't get the switch with my kit

7. Hi Kev,

Pic of the switch in the kit mate

96680041a-ducati-multistrada-1200-auxillary-lights.jpg

8. If you have a DVT then you don't need the switch, there is a switch on the bike already?
    Pre DVT you need the switch, and the brackets are different so I'd check which ones you bought.

9. Hi guys
    I've got a DVT and fitted Denali D4's instead . Light output is ... wow . But Denali were wrong , they won't work with the ecu / fog lamp switch .

10. Did you try and get Ducati to activate them - because even Ducati ones need activating after fitment.

11. Hi Simon : yes gt motorcycles in Plymouth spent ages trying ( great bunch there ) Riders Bridgewater fitted the D4's and they said the dash kept coming up with error messages . I suspect the drawn current is a little higher and the canbus system chips in . I'm looking for some tiny Cree lights that I can fasten to the engine guard .
    The denalis have 4 .
    If I get any joy I'll post it .
    Kind regards
    John

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. If it's a DVT and unless you have really small fingers it's a gas tank removal job unfortunately

13. I have big hands apparently and didn't take the tank off. I removed the air conveyors, beak and side panels and got in there okay.

IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2692.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry enduro I mean

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hi Simon
    Looks like the current is little too high for the canbus system .
    Re: parking lights - riders in Bridgewater can't activate them either .
    I've e mailed Ducati Italy and will post the reply .
    Meantime , everyone should know it's in the highways code they should be on if parking on 50 mph road

16. Watch this it may help.

17. I had mine 7 years and I never knew that!!

18. Anyone know what the exact wattage of genuine ducati led spots are.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information