1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Average Costs New Belts/ Valve Clearance Independents Charges And Desmo Service On 748/996

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Glenb, Feb 7, 2018.

1. sorry I’m guessing this has been asked a million times apologies in advance I did a search and I couldn’t find it , just after ballpark figures really what say an ex Ducati trained indepents charging on average for say new genuine Ducati belts fitting valve clearance checks on a 748/996 or a full desmo service including belts in the same , thanks in advance

2. Without oil and filters (air/oil/fuel), £600, with £800.
    Ish.

3. Also depends on how the rockers are.....

4. Chris @ Jackhammer in Stoke
    £300 everything except air filter, genuine parts

5. That's cheap as you're looking at £200 of parts, not including any valve shims.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I had a cheap valve service once. Had a top end rebuild 12 months later :eyes:

7. genuine Ducati belts?????????????????????????????? don't let @Exige hear about that lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Some people have brand euphoria and won't use higher spec belts - it's OK :)
    Just had an Ex Main Dealer Indi Tech tell me our belts are deffo better quality now he has used them on a 2 to 3 year cycle and inspected them closely against OEM belts of similar life cycle & use :) I can't understand why we are better value too :scream: maybe that puts people off :eyes:

9. Well the genuine Ducati belts are half the cost of a £300 service... :eek:

10. They are a crazy price

11. i have Gates belts on my 916:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. The "Genuine Ducati" belts are made by Gates but since the 999, you can't get them direct from Gates, only at silly prices through Ducati.
    Hence the gap in the gap in the market being filled by Exige's ExactFit belts, which are at least as well made and specced but at a much more sensible price.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Anyone able to recommend an Indie in Surrey Or south of the m25 ? Cheers

SJ

14. PG Performance ltd
    12 West Drive
    Bishopstoke
    Eastleigh
    SO50 6FL
    07733174990 [email protected]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Any other suggestions ? That's a bit of a Trek :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information