1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

821 Average Miles For Pirelli Diablo Rosso Il Tyres?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by John Mac821, Jul 25, 2017.

1. My Monster is the first bike I've had with these tyres and I'm wondering what the average milage is on them. I've done just over 4500 miles so far on the front, but had to change the rear after a 6" nail destroyed it. I totally understand your riding style, road conditions etc, play a part but any opinions would be appreciated.

#1 John Mac821, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Monster Evo, just under 4500 mls. rear almost through, front still 3mm changed them both for my favourite Pilot Power 2CT which I know will give me better miles and fantastic feel, in fact it feels like a new bike:)

3. Thanks for your reply and that's interesting to hear. I always used Pilot Sport on my sports bikes, I loved them, they gave so much grip in the dry and the wet which obviously was great for my confidence. I take it the Pilot Power 2CT are a newer version? Unfortunately as I've just put a new Pirelli rear on I'll have to stick with those for now, but good to know for the future. :upyeah:

#3 John Mac821, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  4. I replaced rosso corsa 2s on my m1100evo. 1000 miles ago with some pilot road 3s,transformed the handling and no signs of wear yet

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I killed the OE fitment rear Rosso on my 12S in 2000 miles. Switched to Angel GT and got around twice that, with still a bit left to go. Front stretched to just over 6k miles, but was absolutely shagged.

6. I'm probably going back to Michelins, so I've been looking at the Pilot Power 3, anyone using these?

7. Used a couple of sets of PR4s on my 1200 Multi and really liked them - I think they'd work well on a Monster too. 4.5k for a rear tyre, on average.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Got about 3.5k out of the rear. They are an odd size. 180/60/17. Very limited choice. Put on pirelli angel ST, 2300 miles so far and hardly look worn.

#8 doggy, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. About 3800 on my 1200. Replaced with Metzeler Roadtec 01s, which are great so far.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Not sure what I'm doing wrong?
    Front and rears both changed at 2200 miles on M1200S - Rosso 11s
    Rear needs changing now at 4600 miles, so a bit more out of the Rosso 111s. Front has 3mm left so will also change soon.

Seems like some other options may be on the cards!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Depends on how you ride. I've done less than 1000 miles on a rear fitted on a TL1000R.

12. Depends on how you ride. I've done less than 1000 miles on a rear fitted on a TL1000R.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information