1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average Speed Cameras In Bristol

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Sep 14, 2016.

1. To all the West Country members. On the local news this morning average speed cameras are being fitted on the M32 until all the road works are finished later next year.

2. Well. It is a car park most days with the metrobus works going onso unless they put the average speed at something around 10mph they shouldn't rely on an income from them.

3. Agree with the above but luckily for me a I don't use the M32 very much .

4. Thanks for the warning!

5. Cheers. Is that in the section where the middle fence is bust(40mph) , or near where the new bridge has been placed? (50 mph)

6. The news report said it was due to road works on the new Metro link which I think most of the M32.

7. The place is so clogged up with Abbeywood civil-servants most of the time that the traffic moves that fast anyway... Most of them drive the way they work - very slowly and with no useful purpose...

8. They must be camo cameras- on my way through coming back from Newport early Thursday morning I couldn't see a single camera...

9. Unless you've got a number plate on the front of your bike, I wouldn't worry too much about them. :Snaphappy:

In the car these days, I just set the cruise control for a couple of MPH over the posted limit and relax. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Not all average speed camera are front facing @Robarano

11. Well, obviously I was referring to the forward facing ones. All of the ones used here are.

12. On Thursday morning there weren't any on the m32.....

13. Good to know ( I sometimes come down the M32 from work if I need to pop into Fowlers for whatever reason) but I'm guessing they'll be the big yellow things so easy to spot.

14. I got caught doing 50 average on Tuesday evening :-(

£100 fine to pay and 3 points coming my way.

15. Where was that?..... M32?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. Yeah heading into Bristol. Must have slowed down too late/slowly.

17. I might have seen you - seen a couple of Panigale's while ive been sat in the traffic while ive been in the car....

18. I woudn't count on them being removed when the road works are finished!

19. They went live a couple of weeks ago....ive the number plate (at least on the RSV4) tucked under the rear so it "should" be hidden from view - and its a strip plate...!

20. Was in the car... driving home after 2 consecutive 12 hour shifts, probably why I didn't pay as much attention to the average speed cameras. Also it was 9pm so the roads weren't busy and no one was working on the road.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information