1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avon Storm 3d-xm On A Multi?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by duke63, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Anyone tried these on a Multi?
    A friend has these on his S1000R and is impressed and they are available for £145 a pair at the moment.

2. I've got them on my 2013 1200S, I really like them, much better than the shite that was on there before. £145 a pair!! Where is that from?

HTH

Deaks :)

3. Paying double for Pr5s...

4. Have a friend who has these on his bird who literally just rides up and down the M11 into London and back again everyday for work.

The storm st's are a good match for the bird but given his travel is mostly straight lines he found that the xm tyre works great with all the benefits of the st tyre but with substantial increase in mileage lasted. They have been around a few years so worth asking when their date of manufacture was before purchasing.

5. Last time I put an Avon on a twin it totally delaminated at speed and tried to kill me. Never touch one again.

6. I had a pair on my Blackbird. Really rated them on that bike.

7. I’ve just fitted a pair to my 2015S. I’ve just travelled 2000 miles in a week to Slovenia. Hardly any wear at all and at speeds under 90mph they are great. But at 91mph and above they are shocking. They weave like fuck. I’ve yet to put this solely down to the tyres but Ducati Lincoln say it’s likely to be them and suggest I fit Angel GT or Trail 2’s. Any thoughts?

8. Never had weaving on mine at way more than that on PR4s or standard scorpions. Top box or panniers can make quite a difference too

9. Yes had panniers on fully loaded. I’m going to change tyres first and go from there.

10. Do you get same weave without panniers?

11. Yes but at a higher speed

12. I noticed when people complain they have a weave or wobble with hard luggage on, most has only been noticeable when you "take the hands off the bars" or have a very light grip. If they were old tyres I would say, check your tyre pressures and check both tyres have been properly balanced.

On the tyre pressures, use the recommended one then remove 2 psi and then recommended plus 2 psi then try how they feel at the problem areas you mentioned.

13. No weave on mine . Steady as
    Haven’t been through any rain with them yet , but certainly in the dry I’m impressed with them so far

14. Hi - been using these for a few years on my Triumph Explorer - think they are absolutley fine. Mainly touring mileage and I seem to wear out front a little faster than normal but no issues with them at all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information