1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Awaiting Delivery

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Maserati, Apr 9, 2018.

1. I am awaiting delivery of a new (red) Multi 1260S and I am wondering if the tyre pressure warning system is installed as standard on the bike or that it needs TPMS sensors as in some cars.
    I understand that it will only show in urban mode?
    I had to wait 2 months extra because I wanted a red one grey and white were already available end of February at the dealer here in Holland.

2. In the UK the TPMS system is not fitted as standard, it can be added at extra cost. That is EXTRA extra Ducati cost!!!

BTW I was told that when TPMS is fitted it is a difficult job to remove and fit tyres as the sensor is quite a lump and hard to get the tyre bead over it without damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why can't they be like cars now and do away with it in the tyre altogether ?

4. I've got a 1260 and if it has TPMS, I can't find it. I won't get it installed either because I don't mind checking my tire pressures enough to justify the expense on a motorcycle that about broke the bank in the first place!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Flagged up a small nail in the front tyre on my Bmw before I found out the other way at high speed:tired_face:
    Wish I had it on the tuono..
    Can only be a good thing in my book but each to their own.

6. I have the Garmin TMPS sensors but one vent stem is broken already and I am afraid that will happen when I am making a trip or worse at high speed.
    I will ask the dealer for a nice price fro the original Ducati ones and will you know how much and how they work.

7. 20180616_132236.jpg 20180616_132241.jpg 20180616_132343.jpg Ducati TPMS now installed on the Mutley 1260, works well, rear wheel now has angled valve stem which is easier access. Menu now has setting for pressure warning. The sensors are not temperature adjusted, as tyres get hot it shows the pressure increase. Front 2.5 bar runs at 2.8 bar when hot. The TPMS reading appears in the multi function display with temp, range etc when you scroll through.

8. How much did you have to pay for installation and adding the readings to the menu

9. so, Maserati, you have excesive oil consumption on your 1260 Multistrada, more than 1L per 3000km huh? :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information