1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Axial Vs Radial - Forks And Brakes

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sev, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Hmm, is that agree on the forum Ali, or agree that I should now have a bar of Dove in my mouth ?? :thinkingface:

;)

2. aye. I was eyeing up aprilia factory forks like you've got ziggy, also, but they're all bent unless you want to spend a grand, and that puts you into road and track territory.
    How did your priller forks compare to the ducati ohlins?

3. dove is for soapy tit wanks due to latherability... as for the rest... let ziggy lead the way

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Disagree Sir, it's kinder to your skin !! Says so on the tele o_O:worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The Aprilia rode like a pig all round and couldn't get on with the bike, which is why I laid it up 5 years ago and why it was the first to go - impossible to judge unless they were both fitted to the same bike I guess. The one's I bought for the KR rep are not doing much at the moment as I've been terribly busy :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. would you like to part company with them?

7. @Wayne58 make the whole forum into different bikes :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. No, as they are part of my vision for the KR rep and look lurvley brw

9. We could call it the Katie Melua forum as she rides a bike..... Oh wait.... What about KTM for short ?? Job jobbed o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. You are far more likely to notice a pad change than a Cali per change ime.

Saying that, you would expect same pads 65mm calipers and 100mm radials the radials would have better performance. Simply more material (I guess) and better cooling which in use.

I’d go radial all day :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Why ? You had already stated a pad change would be more noticeable and the guy Sev stated he rides like your Nan ??

12. I had a 916 bitsa with axial P34 4 pad calipers and compared to the 749R radial P34 4 pads calipers there was virtually no discernible difference in braking performance ( same pad type and compound).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Thanks Ricky, so essentially it's as I thought, for my level of riding ability there's going to be no discernable difference and so settles on cost / availability and aesthetics. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. If I had a regular set already fitted, I wouldn't bother changing too radial. But is starting from scratch, I'd have radial..

Sexy and modern

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sev is his Nan in't he? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yep, cost vs looks :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. no twinkle... she dead. :innocent:

18. :( he might adopt you :thinkingface:

19. 'Aesthetics'! didn't even think you could speel thot! Speel check? :)

20. what are you babbling on about you vastly monied fellow?
    DVLA opens shortly ... you could be first in the que.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information