1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Axial Vs Radial - Forks And Brakes

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sev, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Morning: queue o_O I'm a long way from the DVLA today :eyes: soooo far away, no £ here dude only :motorcycleduc:

2. Ive gone radial on my 916. But I came from the 40mm brembos. You could say its overbraked now and i do notice the difference. Sorry bout pic, but only one i got handy.

image1.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  3. nice forks them Bootsam, Not ducati OEM for sure, far too purposeful looking.
    Shop bought R&T?

What calipers did you go for in the end?

4. potato potarto... you got registration to sort out... crack on.

5. I would say for standard road use the Axiel 4 pad Brembo's are pretty good if they are well serviced. The ones to have are the latest version as fitted to the Ohlins 748r's, the earlier goldlines don't have the same power.

The only real issue with the 4 pad Brembo's is that there is loads of 'stiction' around the pad faces and they really do need to be kept super clean. The Monoblocks seem to be much less of an issue and easier to clean and service.

In terms of feel, I think the Monoblocks are more powerful but of course I would only have compared them to bikes running radial master cylinders as well, and my 848 is probably 25KG lighter than the 748R I was riding a lot last summer, so again, it was working it's brakes harder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Theyre FG43 R&T, bought from HM Racing along with rear shock. Nice man there sprung it all for me and has been spot on from the off. Calipers were sourced from a GSXR as I wanted the gold finish coz I is a ponce. Its really nice to ride and has more than enough power. Despite being nearly half my 1299S's.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They run radials on little 300cc bikes, so no such thing as over braked :p lol

Looks lovely btw. Factory :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks Brad. Its not immaculate as it gets ridden. Im up to 28.5k now on her. She had 1.5k when I bought her some 18yrs ago. Reg serviced by Snells and Monty'd by them a while back. Shes very tight but does consume RR's and batteries. Other than that, shes never missed a beat.

Shes got the usual flaky engine paint here and there. The odd paint chip. I may strip her down soon to get the frame repainted as ive got some mild surface rust which I need to nip in the bud. Shes been ridden in rain, snow, hail and toured the alps.

I often get asked if its an SP. Nope, just a BIP. I shall own this bike till I die. I have all oem parts inc broken ones lol. Im a hoarder.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Why does it say "Or Desmo"?

10. Its a Dr Desmo sticker. Twas on when I bought it. TBH I left it on until only recently. Ive since removed them. I assume its a shop where orig owner bought it. Im 2nd owner.

11. Ah, Dr, not Or.

12. Dr Desmo, aka Steve Hilary that turned into Motorapido.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. So Dr Hilary? Wasn't he on GMTV or TVAM or something?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. There is no emoticon for "What a fakking tart - NICE!"

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information