1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B&q Opening A Few Stores

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, Apr 18, 2020.

1. next few days opening 12 stores in all. At the moment Thurrock and paisley are open

York is opening which is kind of handy as I pass it a bit.

• Like Like x 1

2. The b'stards, that'll be me decorating then. Think they're had a click and collect service, screwballs have.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. To be fair government guidance says no paint brushes or items to decorate so you could get out of that on a technicality

4. How long before they will sell you anything, and just pay the fines as it’s more profitable for them.

I believe it was B&Q started that with Sunday trading.

5. Mine isn't. :(

6. So let me get this straight. You can go and buy a washer for a tap, but while you’re there not buy paint? Or get fined?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think so, so an emergency item you can. Maybe try a 'if I don't get the house painted before the end of lockdown the Wife will kill me' kinda rationale, it's an emergency surely in that scenario?

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can buy anything fro wickes, screwfix, wilko so why not b&q?

why on earth would they open and have the store costs if Pope, van only buy emergency stuff?

sorry fellas....you’ll be painting before next weekend ;)

9. If paints a luxury you’ll be fine :)

just think of all those brownie points you’ll have for when this is all over

ps don’t forget to buy some knee pads :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I learnt years ago. Takes ages to stack a decent set of point, which can be lost at the hint of an inappropriate comment or being caught having a sly look at some young bird

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Points are meaningless as they are lost so easily and no appeals process. For your other point mirrored shades are a must and only answer in a yes dear no dear fashion. Also never answer a trick question like 'do I look fat in this' yes or no are in correct for those flailing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Oakley do some great mirrored and super dark lenses ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sorry if there’s one in the vicinity WE KNOW you’re looking

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Truth is we will have looked and be looking for another :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Got paint from B&Q this morning but I also got a saw

16. I went to York B&Q today as the chickens need more fencing & posts. They cost me more than we can ever sell eggs for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Paint in tins have lids no need to saw them of they pry off.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I picked up some compost from B&Q using click and collect. They don't really give a stuff what they sell you. However I try and organize collecting things either on my way to/from work so I can justify if asked, that I was passing by anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snap. Kind of.i organise my wife to collect things on her way shopping :p:joy:

20. so basically you are all twisting the "rules" to get things done... im shocked.... whats next? big bike meet up? stay home, save the nhs, help lives... or something like that... seriously though, you fucks should stay home as if you upset the powers that be, they might shut all builders merchants. so while you might be able to work from home, us builders that can carry on, providing we obey the social distancing rules ect, will be fucked as we wont be able to get any materials... stay home, stop diy, save buliders

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information