1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby Pani Does Cartagena

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Nelson, Jan 21, 2018.

1. @bradders
    This wee bike is great tbh.
    I appreciate this example has had coin invested in suspension and been on a diet, but all the reviews where words like "rail" and "nimble" are spot on. Usually I'll get off a bike and there's something that needs sorting, ie turn in, mid-corner wrestle, runs wide, etc etc. I jumped off this and it just does the biz. Read the internet and previous Ducati's seemed to need different yokes, longer swing arms, flat rockers etc to make 'em work on track, the Pani, just appears to do the do, at least at my very humble level.
    Power is probably subjective, for me there's plenty, it delivers it in a very manageable and liner manner, the hybrid MTS engineed bike is ace, with your typical/lovable Ducati mid-range boom box.
    Cartagena is probably not the best circuit to make a like for like comparison power wise, however it's certainly not a slow bike and palpably faster than an 848.
    Bad bits;
    Vibby pegs - possibly due to the proximity to the exhaust.
    I found the throttle jerky during any slight mid-corner adjustments, however I have been told this can be sorted by adjusting the engine braking from 1(default race mode) to 2 or 3. I didn't have time to try it. Comments/input welcome. @royalwithcream During this trip it simply forced me to be smoother on the throttle - a good thing.
    Overall - most impressed and happy I was sold a good bike. My blood is up now and only 3 more months to the next :(

Edit - still want light wheels :cool:

#1 Nelson, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Imagine how much lighter to turn it will feel with lighter wheels :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bike looks great. I've been tempted by the ex race bikes myself lately but I have bought an RSV4 RF that I collect on Tuesday.

• Like Like x 5
  4. @Nelson does yours have the throttle spacer kits? I found that made a massive difference to the jerky throttle.

5. It was smoother without...Probably my fists of jamón...o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Awesome you are getting on with it well. Decent choice of bike for Cartegena, the big Pani definitely felt a bit much there.

Not sure how EBC would change the take up of the throttle mid corner? I turn the EBC up a bit to make the bike feel more like a two stroke and run into the corner on entry. It definitely makes a difference for me and well worth a play but I’ve not noticed it mid corner.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Let me know how you get on mate, I like the look of them myself !

8. I will do but my first outing on it will be Portimao at the end of March.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 170118_11275_cartagena (2).jpg
    Me and the Pani at Cartagena last week.

• Like Like x 5
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. I can’t wait to try mines out at Andalucia next month. Also got Cartagena booked in April.

• Like Like x 1
  11. See you there in April...

• Like Like x 1
  12. How did you get on at Cartagena mate?

13. It was awesome as ever. Did a PB of 1:51.2, two seconds quicker. The highlight was borrowing an 1199s, what a different ride. Easy to flick left/right at the chicane and a huge wave of massive torque for the slow exits.

14. Did you prefer it to the 899?

15. By a long long way. Had it been mine I would have felt very confident in going a lot faster.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information