1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back To The Future........

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sambighair, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Which bikes (90s onwards only) do you think will become sought after in the next 10-15 years and for what reasons?
    I don't mean just collectors or rarities or range topping race spec models, maybe just the nostalgia trip that sways judgement on a particular model, what do you think?

I'm going with (in no particular order)

999s - A divisive bike that is getting better and better looking with age. A dream to ride from day one!

Zx7r (p series) - great looking, great handling, bit porky but seems to be the up and coming go to for classic racing.

CBR954RR Fireblade - the originals have already gone a bit crackers in price and ones thereafter seemed to lose their way until this iteration, looks great, rides great and was only briefly made. So good it's the only model Baba san keeps.

851 - it's history within ducati not withstanding.....just look at it! Interesting riding position but all is forgiven when it gets going!

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm also inclined to think the 2006 triumph daytona 675 ( in gold ) might be a good bet

3. ST series Ducati's - not that I'm biased :D

4. as I seemed to have convinced the wife, every bike I have ever purchased. the fugly is gonna be worth a fortune.
    one day.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You could be right, apparently 999's are almost nice now ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. always nice. the bike that got me looking at ducati. and 749 totally designed around the color yellow. loves it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yellow 749/999 I have to agree is nice :upyeah: I'm not there with the fugly yet though :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. when you ride it you cant see the front end. but you can feel it. feels gooooood.

9. You can't see the front of my ST when riding it too so I know what you mean :upyeah:
    Had a lovely 'foggy' :bucktooth: commute this morning - gotta make the most of the holidays, scorchio for the way home (I'm hoping) :D

10. nice here and off for several days too. I should be riding one of them. even if its just up the woods.
    will the DR be worth anything?

11. DR is a classic - is it a 400?

12. Any hyabusa fans?

13. Guess not lol

14. Them crossplane yams have potential I reckon to be a bit special

15. The Hyabusa was a beast alright but for the race to really fast bikes I still reckon the Honda Blackbird gets the crown (although almost immediately lost it), the Busa is still fugly :D

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information