1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bacon or Fishfingers ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by paulfastbikes, Jun 19, 2012.

1. one of lifes dilemas
    today for brekkie i had a bacon sandwich fried back bacon on toasted white bloomer very yummy

and for lunch i had four fishfingers on 2 slices of white bloomer, real butter and tomato sauce, again very yummy

i cant decide which is the best ?

1 what do you think?

2 what's you fav sandwich ?

yes i have day off, bit bored, i have polished my bike, mowed the lawn trimmed the bushes watered the plants
    no ones home ,what to do aye?:upyeah:

2. surely there is not just one best, it changes depending on the circumstances? After a few drinks I love a fried egg sandwich, for breakfast a fishfinger sandwich is my number one and if I have a bacon sandwich it has to have melted cheese in it and ketchup.

3. A nice sausage sarnie with tomato ketchup takes some beating, although fish fingers are pretty close, but then whay about a nice fried egg banjo?? If you're relly bored you could pop down to Ashford and sort my garden out for me!

4. Is this what the world is coming too?

For me it's bacon, egg, mushrooms and a splash of both red and brown sauce!

Or what about this from Ducati UpNorth - The recipe thread...

5. Egg bacon and sausage in doorstops with brown sauce washed down with a good mug of coffee
    Mmmmmm

And I have sorted out my front garden till it rained 

6. I'm still sat in the garden now....cause it always rains up here......says you! :wink:

7. Surely it depends on the time of day, egg sandwich for breakfast, bacon sandwich, with absolutely NO fat I hate fat, for lunch, fish or sausage sandwich for tea.

8. Bacon butty for me. NOT smoked and Not too under or overdone on thick white bread and no sauce, maybe a thin spread of butter. Keep it simple ;)

9. Lol it's been a lovely warm evening here little chilly now 

10. Bacon sarnie every time. Fish fingers? In a roll? Shurely shome mishtake. Is this a regional thing?

As for being bored - take up learning the guitar and you will never be bored again. It's a job you can't get to the end of. Good to do when it rains too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bacon sammidges are great in the rain. And in the dry! They do everything. :upyeah:

12. spooky it crossed my mind lol

13. Fish fingers should only be eaten in a roll or a sandwich otherwise you might mistake them for proper food.

14. you all odd there are only 4 real bf's.

1. Almost full English - skip those odd tomato, if I want a tomato that tastes like a half dried old tomato with spices I will eat half dried old tomato with spices
    2. Panini/Garlic Panini with spicy cheese and spicy chirozo/salami. All grilled
    3. Pancakes with either nutella, vanilla/banana cream, strawberry home made jam, blackcurrant home made jam or maple syrup
    4. Waffles with cream, nutella or mentioned jams. Possibly waffles with fruits baked in and cream

15. gefilte fish for me.

16. Both are good but fishfinger sarnies should have melted cheese on....

17. Well on summer Sundays I like fresh croissants, rolls, brioches and local bread from the bread shop. Butter and a choice of a dozen home made jams, and huge mugs of real coffee from an Italian coffee maker, outside in my garden.

Tea won't do for this breakfast, nor will rubbish weeny jump-on-the-bandwagon-George-Clooney-says-so Nespresso in a thimble. And forget instant. It's not coffee, is it?

18. Mmmmm, oh yes, that`s the one, set another place, I`m on my way :upyeah:.

For me, a fishfinger sandwich needs melted cheese and a bacon sandwich needs brown sauce.

If I had to choose between the two, and I was feeling really decadent, then I`d choose "The Elvis".

Peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. Oooo that sounds yummy 

Do Not Sell My Personal Information