1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar End Mirror Speed By Me On The By-pass....lol

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Diver, Apr 5, 2017.

1. I have (had!!) Oberon bar end mirrors and they are good value and work/look fantastic...
    In fact the RHS determined not to be outdone overtook me on my ride out tonight..
    My question is this. I can replace it with another just the same for about £40 or splash out on the RIZOMA spy mirrors but they are £140 odd quid each ...are they worth it?? i know you pay for a name etc etc but really £140 for a mirror

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Oh you made my day thank you for the giggle :Smuggrin::Shy:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Was it a red, or black mirror?

4. Black-un

5. £140each???!!!!! Must be a pretty fing special mirror.
    do you see motogp riders fading into the distance in it or something?

• Like Like x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. :Blackeye:
    If it was red it would still be there :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. If it's worth it is something to decide for yourself, but I'm very happy with my Rizoma Reverse Retro's. They haven't overtaken me yet, even at most illegal speeds. They don't vibrate when fitted with the Rizoma bar ends and they give much better vision than the original mirrors where I'm mostly looking at my elbows.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And never be able to overtake you :Mooning:

• Funny Funny x 1

9. I shouldn't laugh but your post tickled me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Presumably, you didn't lose the whole thing.
    Try contacting Oberon and ask if they will supply just the bits you do need.

Gently praise the mirror but suggest that it really shouldn't have detached itself and they might even supply them for free.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. I have a rizoma 'spy R' the 80mm, that i took of my streetfighter before i sold it....was planning on putting on eBay , i also have the matching bar end for the other end of bars (if only fitting one mirror) both are immaculate condition.
    Would rather it went to a fellow ducatisti

I can post up some pics of both if interested

Greg

12. car ran over it.....

13. So you lost the bar end bit as well as the mirror, as well as the arm.

14. not a bad shout. I called em regarding a grub screw that fell out of one of my mirrors and they sent me a bunch of em foc

15. I prefer the metal collet bar-end fittings to the rubber bushes. They're better at tuning out bar vibration. An end-weight isolated from the bars by a rubber bush doesn't have any dampening effect.

I've got the Oberon heavy bar-end weights in my SF and they're rock solid. A lot more leverage forces working on a mirror of course. Nice and tight with a spot of thread lock maybe..?

16. yeah thread-lock something I'm gonna have to invest in now I own a Ducati!....I don't seem to remember any of my Harleys shaking stuff loose like this bike does?

• Like Like x 1
  17. What colour is it ? I'm in Dorset this weekend and not far from MooreSpeed Racing and I think they stock Rizoma stuff so was gonna have a look, Not sur about the 1 mirror route i know it looks great butI do like to see whats going on behind me (says the guy who never had any mirrors on his H-D....cheers

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes, I have heard of the grub screw coming loose and people losing the mirror and arm as a result.
    I've done up that grub screw really tight because of this.
    I've never heard of the bar-end insert coming out though, I don't see how it could if it was installed properly.

My Oberon mirror's been there problem-free for over 2 years now and I appreciate it on every ride.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information