1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Bar End Mirrors?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by MotoNik, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Anyone tried bar-end mirrors on a 1200? I was having a nose at a Triumph Thruxton yesterday - cool looking bike, but not really my cup of tea - and I like the look of the bar-end mirrors. Just wondering if anyone has tried any, and whether they're any good?

2. Thanks Ian.

3. Quick photo to help

IMG_20170306_154825.jpg

IMG_20170306_154836.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. On an unrelated note, I like your levers. The jury is out on the foam grips though... :flushed::smile:

5. I assumed that was the case - I honestly wasn't taking the p*** - reminded me of the awful Kawasaki I had after I passed my test, which came with blue foam grips!

6. No worries - you can't normally tell once my hands are on them anyway Lol.

I originally took the standard bar-end weights off, and that make things worse, so put them back on again - hoping this will help this year once I'm out and about. #fairweatherrider

7. You're not the first person on this forum to use foam for the same reasons as you. May be worth trying heavier bar ends.

8. If you can remember that far back Nik, my thou had bar end mirrors, pretty good, Rizomas I think. I did think about some for the 1200R but it wouldn't fit through the gate!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Those CRG's of mine fold in and back out to the same position via preset stop points

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fitted these to my Monster last night, I'll go for a run today to see if they are any good and put some pics up later. Only £23 from Mitchell's in Inverness, they seem pretty robust.
    WP_20170401_001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I ended up buying some mirrors for £13.99 delivered off ebay. They're quite small, but they really neaten up the look of the bike. They're obviously not as good as standard mirrors - they're much smaller, and you have to look down to them. But on the plus side, there appears to be much less turbulent air when you're riding - I was out today, and was very comfortably sitting at 100 without feeling buffeted. I'll upload some photos as and when I can be bothered!

12. Pics of mirrors fitted.:) Well happy with them, can turn them out for more rearward vision. WP_20170403_004[1].jpg WP_20170403_005[1].jpg WP_20170403_006[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. I had something very similar on my 1000DS monster, best bar end mirrors I found by a long way. I thought about some for my 12R but I'd have to chainsaw the gate post in half to fit through!

14. I got them from Mitchell's in Inverness, but iv'e seen the same ones on Ebay for £8 with free postage.

15. Are they good quality feel and is there good visibility. .do they make the bars vibrate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

16. Quality is good, they don't feel cheap and nasty like some iv'e seen. They don't make the bars vibrate. I got the same ones of Ebay for my wife's 620 Monster for £8. Bargain. Well happy with them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information