1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Bar Ends

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Mongoose, Jun 11, 2017.

1. How do I remove these bar ends on my 749 ? I want to measure the bar diameter as I intend to fit some small bar end mirrors. Also any recommendations for mirrors ?
    Looking for something fairly small really. Thanks.

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

2. IMAG1476.jpg

IMAG1476.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have a cheap Chinese pair about £20 that are fine although everything is tiny in the reflection and looks really far away. Not sure if Oberon are better in that respect.

4. Yes, Oberon should be better as they don't reduce the size of what is reflected.
    I have kept my oem mirrors and simply added an Oberon on the rhs. Works for me:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah it's strangely the right hand side rear view I have a problem with. I thought about changing the OE mirrors but I think it would ruin the look of the bike. Although the OE one are absolutely useless I think they do suit the style of the bike so there staying. I assume the bar ends just screw out then ?

6. They are a push fit, just twist and pull.
    Steve

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. I toot mine off completely as I think the mirror/Indicators are butt ugly and useless.

8. Went for these ones in the end. Think there a cheap copy of the Oberon ones but seem to fit fine though. Took a chance as they only cost fifteen quid for the pair. I've only fitted one on the right hand side for the moment as I was a little concerned about looking like something from Quadrophenia!

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information