1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar Risers

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Derek, Jan 20, 2018.

1. I had fancied fitting bar risers to the Supersport to slightly improve the already very good ergonomics but was bit put off by the £80 price being asked for a couple of 15mm alloy plates with a few holes in them.
    So I drew up sketch and a friend made them for me for the price of a couple of pints.

IMG_20180120_130054.jpg
    This is them fitted.
    IMG_20180120_133956.jpg
    And this is the sketch if it is any use to anybody.

Riser plate drawing(2).jpg
    I'm not a draughtsman but it is near enough. I made the bolt holes 12mm to allow for a bit of alignment.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Very satisfying making it yourself. Good share. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Look very good, I'd be interested in how they feel once you're able to get out on the bike.

4. What do you have to do to fit them?

5. And welcome David . Introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please

6. David?

7. What's this? a 'Supersport' without clip-ons?? Hailwood will be spinning in his grave..... outrageous :D

Great info :upyeah:

8. We're all Dave, Dave

9. You're my wife now Dave!

10. Umm, ok :D

11. Unbolts the bars and refit then with the spacers under them and with 15mm longer bolts. Can't remember the size, something like M8 x 35mm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Do you need a torque wrench?

14. Probably should if you want to be correct. 35Nm and the bolts are in fact M10.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information