1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barni Racing V4r

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Think they should leave it looking like this. :heart:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. still got that massive gap to the front of the rear wheel...

3. Isn't it just that the exhaust is completely different from the road bike?

4. Looks like a zx10r front end.

5. they are all like it even the older 1199 race pani looks ridiculous.

6. Like a hideous custom bobbie. WTF is going on with the tank?!

The big gap at the front is similar to the MGP bike.

7. Looks like something out of mad max

8. Showa. Do the Factory team still use öhlins?

9. I’d love to ride/own one but that’s a design fiasco visually. Plot well & truly lost imho.
    Had an S1000RR and while I loved that bike I hated the gills. And now they appear on the V4R along with the twiglets (sorry...winglets). Ditto other comments on tail & tank.

10. You all know it has been designed to win races rather than beauty contests? The designers had a brief to build a race winning bike and if they achieve that who really cares! Personally I think it looks stunning.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. if my auntie had a pair of nuts she would be my uncle..

12. Just all look wrong..like the chassis department worked separately to the wheelbase department and when they finally got together....how did that happen?

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 08.48.58.png Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 08.49.22.png Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 08.50.01.png

13. There’s virtually nothing left of the original bike

14. That’s what makes the pani look odd imho generally. It’s all front end plastics, and taking the nunberplate etc off accentuates that.

Just a visual taste thing

15. im a believer in if it looks right it works right...and as was the case with the pani, it won.............fook all!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I hate the fuel tank.... I think it looks silly....

Also, they are running Showa suspension which is super rare these days, possibly it's cheaper but they will not have the same platform to work with as the other Ducati's. It could be Ducati's decision... they may be wanting to see if some of the character traits of the bike present with different suspension systems. Like Eugene's bike apparently was pumping loads at the back and was quite wild. Maybe it's good to have more variety.

17. Looks like a KTM

18. It won BSB with Shakey, and probably more races in WSBK than anything bar Rea on the Kawasaki.... truly a terrible bike ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. look at the ducati pedigree in WSB....champion motorcycle 888 916 996 998 999 1098 1198... in fact every relative model made....apart from..oh yeah!
    Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 16.19.26.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. So it didn’t win a World Championship. Guess what, every manufacturer bar one loses every year.... and for the past 4 years nobody but Rea on a ZX10 has won, with the Panigale being consistently the biggest challenger. Prior to that it was up against an Aprilia that was designed to be a MotoGP bike. The Pani did win superstock in 2014 and 2017. Sure, if you are comparing it for a purely winning the WSBK championship it’s record is non-existent, however that doesn’t tell the whole story and certainly doesn’t make it a terrible bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information