1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barton Bike Night / Day: Sat 8-7-17

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Exige, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Might have a looksee if the weather is good - a few thousand bikes expected and now an afternoon event instead of the usual Thursday night... Starts at 2pm evidently although there is different info on-line: from 8am until 4pm start times are mentioned.

http://barton-upon-humber.org.uk/2016/10/11/barton-bike-night-6/

2. Just down the road from me :) Not normally one for attending it in the old format of being an evening event and generally being too busy... Also been know to attract a wide range of 'Hero's' on their old 1000cc bikes misbehaving and promoting a poor 'stereotypical' image of bikers and a large presence of strategically placed 'Plod' just waiting to jump on you and issue petty 'fines and tickets' within a 5 mile radius.

However with them making it an all day event, this could go some way to diluting the population of 'Idiots' being present at any one time and eliminate some of the competition for parking space so as your not pushed out in to some of the less desirable area's surrounding the town centre.

All this said, I am due home tomorrow and it would be nice to meet a few more from the Forum if anyone is coming across for it :)

If anyone wants to make a day of it, I also don't mind playing tour guide for a few hours if anyone fancies a ride out to sample some of the fine roads we have here in 'Gods County' before descending on Barton for a looksee...

@El Toro @bettes

3. Sounds good, mate. I'd be up for it if work / weather allows. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have a set of DP indicators on the rear now too, so others will be able to see which way we're going to turn if we go for a ride out :p

#4 Ben Mallinson, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. And hopefully mine will be working too! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Could be up for this :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Exige, it sounds like there may be a few up for this :D

As mentioned above, I don't mind playing tour guide and showing you some nice roads. I'll let you gents sort it out amongst yourselves and if it's a flyer then we can sort out a time & place to meet up... ;)

8. Am sure chris will mention about parking in the fire brigade yard for a small charitable fee... ''Ducati only'' parking

I could go to this, cant do the Boston Bike Night though which also this week...
    Pointless staying all day for it...http://www.boston.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=12264

#8 Rebel, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Could be up for this, anyone fancy arranging a meet up before, maybe somewhere along the A15 north of Lincoln?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Will probably be going early with a few lads from York, will let you know what's we have planned later.
    If it's a rough hole I might go on the R1 (and I've had a chick from Barton so I know it is) :eek:

11. Tell us more about this fire station parking! Sounds ideal and just up from the town centre :D

12. I'm the opposite end of the A15 unfortunately mate.

If El T and Ian end up coming over though. We will hopefully have a ride out before heading there though so could possibly meet up at Willingham for a cuppa and then head across to Barton...

13. To say its a rough hole is probably a little bit harsh, sounds like you experienced a rough hole from Barton though :D

I'm sure you'll be fine parking up the Duc there Stu... Sounds like Nathan might have some inside info and be able to get us access to parking at the fire station too which would be perfect.

14. I will find out more from the station. Usually they open up the station forecourt and carpark area for bike parking asking a donation to Firefighters charity and other local charities.
    I reserved an area for Ducatis only last year but hardly anyone took up the offer so I haven't done it this year but parking should still be available but it can get very busy!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. i would have loved to have ridden down for this and put some faces to names but I have my ticket for the Flying Legends at Duxford and so will be riding very gently past Barton sometime in the morning down to Cambridgeshire

16. Sounds good and sounds like there could potentially be a few of us :) Are you planning on just heading there or could you have your arm twisted in to having a ride out before hand?

Interested in hearing more on the fire station parking if you get any more info too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's a shame, would have been good to put a face to the name too...

Think it was yourself that spotted us going through Brigg last time El T and co came over wasn't it?

Hoping to make it to east Halton on Wednesday evening if that's any good for you yo have a run out too ;)

18. Marvellous news Terry :D Will be great to have another catch up with you both.

Fancy a ride out to sample some more of our roads and a pit stop at Willingham for a cuppa before descending on Barton to have a nosey around?

@El Toro @bettes

19. That would be splendid :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information