1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Base Model V's The V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by marc17669, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Evening all,

I have been looking for a V4 for the past couple of weeks and seen there are quite a few about at the minute and I was looking for a after market can that was already fitted as the price of these's are just crazy but I have noticed at the money of a base model V4 with a can I could get a V4S without a can.
    I not sure if the V4S is the way to go or just have the suspension set up correctly on a base model??

2. Depends what your plans are with the bike really. I have the akra exhaust on my V4S and it sounds very naughty but it’s gonna struggle on a lot of tracks with the noise testing although there are after market baffles available.

the electronic ohlins are way better on the road than I thought they’d be and also look the part but you could just get the Showa BPF’s set up properly for your weight if you went for the non S.

If I was buying with cash I’d have got the standard V4 for track and then upgraded the suspension and wheels over time but I PCP’d it so went with the S as the monthly’s weren't to much difference.

#2 nath, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. Everyone’s going to have an opinion. I’m guessing all the track boys and girls are going to say, go for the standard bike.
    At the end of the day, both versions are going to be awesome, if you intend to keep hold of it long term, go for the s, you’ll only wish you’d bought it anyway. As a used buy, the prices can’t be that far apart. Just put some slip ons, on at a later date. But then, what do I know. I’ve only ever seen one standard bike on the road, does anyone know the ratio of standard to S’s sold in the UK

4. Not a v4, but I have the base model 1299 and fitted Maxton fork cartridges and rear shock.

I ride on the road and find it perfect for my needs. More adjustment and the recommended base set up is very good with more feel and grip at road speeds.

5. I bought the 2020 base model as I didn’t want the electric suspension, and with what I saved not buying the V4S purchased :
    Ohlins rear shock
    Ohlins steering damper
    Ohlins forks (still looking for a set)
    OZ wheels

Had the 1299s before and the electric Suspension didn’t work to well on track .

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information