1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Basic Fuel Pump Q But Tia For Answer/s

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Brouny851, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Short preamble: 1098 started coughing and burping over the course of a half hour ride, then promptly died on me in traffic. Have gone through all the checks (relays, broken wiring, earthing etc) following one of @Derek 's thorough posts and am sure the 12yo pump has given up.

So simple question is whether to just go with OEM or some of the others around (particularly the Bosch unit) - in short are they any better? Actually while I'm at anyone know the ballpark figure for the OEM unit?:):upyeah:

2. You are in the States so check out Chris Kelly at California Cycleworks - his pumps have a great reputation, much cheaper than OEM (if they sell separately that is as usually the don't) but more expensive than the cheap units available. If there is a Bosch fitment then certainly consider that too...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. You say you've done all the wiring checks, have you checked that its charging ok, your symptoms could be not charging, as the battery goes flat the bike starts stuttering and gets worse until it is un ride-able and stops.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information