1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Suspension Settings

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by mechcanico lee, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hello all just refitted all the suspension back on the bike (1100sp ) how do these settings look

Front (measured fork travel)
    Fully extended 190mm
    Static sag 165 mm
    Sat on bike 150mm

Rear (vertical measure upwards from axle nut )
    Fully extended 645 mm
    Static 625 mm
    Sat on bike 590mm

Sound about right ??

2. I'm no suspension expert, I'd say the figures are about right, although I'd take the rear up another 5mm on the static if it were mine.

3. Thanks
    I'm no suspension expert either but reading up sort of goes that the suspension works best in its second third of its overall travel
    Maxton are not far from me , I should of took it in and have them work there's magic .... as the experts sometimes have little tricks and secrets they keep to themselves that makes it work that much better than a ' by the book ' service

4. Hello I am from Sweden so please excuse my bad english. I have a new HYM 939-16 (not SP) whith a 1cm shorter shock absorber a MUPO EVO1 and in my front fork a Andreani cartridge kit.
    This is my first bike with long wheeltravel. Front 170mm and back with the shorter MUPO is it 147mm.
    I am not sure what the sag should be.
    I am mostly driving fast on street and sometimes on track.

Rear is:
    free sag 17mm and ride sag is 48mm, % of wheeltravel is 32,6%.
    The front is:
    free sag 28mm and ride sag is 42mm, % of wheeltravel is 25%.
    Either is the sag in the rear to much or the sag in the front is not enough.
    Any feedback on that?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information