1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Battery Cables

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by chrisjk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. This is a question that may not be appropriate in this forum - in which case, would the mods please remove it?

My NEW 1260 S when starting, always seems a bit reluctant, as if the battery is on its last legs. I presume - given that I have only had the thing for two months- the battery is OK but something else is not. I have, of course, seen Exige's adverts for better cables. I quizzed my dealer about these and their slightly (what seemed to me, somewhat evasive) answer was not very helpful in deciding if they would improve starting. I should be very grateful if anyone who has used these cables would give me their opinion. I really can't afford to spend more getting this bike to a standard that matches my last GS if these cables don't do what it says on the tin.

@Exige, please accept my apologies for this - I am not aiming to insult you.

2. I fitted Exige cables to my 2010 Multistrada and it made a defernite improvement

I’m now on a 1260, and even though I doubt Ducati would be fitting better cables than they did previously my 1260 is quite urgent on start up and definitely not as lazy as my previous bike

Even though you have a newish bike, there could be a chance you have a poor battery...?

3. I have just sold my first set of cables to a 1260 owner on here @Jon1m (the ES-14 kit fit) as he had sluggish starting.

Regarding dealer opinions: I have had a main dealer struggle for months with a 1098 they sold and the owner fitted a set of my cables and was amazed (the feedback is on my website) the owner took it to show the dealer and said Main Dealer has now fitted several of my kits.

Here is Jon's full un-edited feedback (hope he doesn't mind the cut and paste) :thinkingface: perhaps you can show it to your dealer :)

Stu all fitted went very well, couple of points for your development plan:
    1) the 1260 battery connections come in from the side of the battery, the connections fit - just being 2mm longer from the connection hole to the 90 degree bend would really help.
    2) The negative lead has two screw down cable clips just after the first bend. Your thicker cables really need the next size up, I managed but only just.
    3) My 1260 had lots of cable ties I used four of mine as not enough supplied - not an issue to me but others may whinge!
    4) Bloody hell what a difference, I have only had mine for 1600 miles but every time I have been out I have worried that if I stall the bugger will it restart as it always sounds so laboured. Now just blasts into life. [​IMG]
    Many thanks
    Jon

Hope that helps... :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information