1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Battery Lead

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BadBoyR, May 1, 2020.

1. Anyone fit an optimate battery lead? which version did you install and any tips on how to fit one direct to the battery?

#1 BadBoyR, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  2. I have two types on both my bikes, one is for charging & one is for running a compressor for puncture repairs. SAE & TM Linky

3. Thanks, was looking at the SAE fitment. What I meant is that it comes either hardwired to battery or you can get one which fits the Ducati plug under the seat....

4. I've got one on my bike that the dealer fitted, it's just straight onto the battery, which is all the same setup as the 959, it's just getting at it that's different! I think mine is a TM connector (if that's the white block one) which is the older style i think, doesn't matter, adapters are cheap on ebay either way. Your other option is to get a Ducati one that plugs into the diag port but I don't know where that is on the V2

5. I asked the dealer to fit one, but they wanted me to purhchase the official one. Where is the battery on the V2?

6. Left hand side, just under the space where the air vents from behind the radiator. I’m not sure what they mean by the ‘official one’ as on the configuration for the v2 it’s not listed as an accessory.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fitted an optimate SAE lead today.

68C796FF-B63D-41A8-B631-0F2A020CDCB9.jpeg

8. I fitted one. Took about an hour - simply cos I had no idea how to get the fairing off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information