1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bbc Pay Awards.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wrecked, Jul 19, 2017.

1. I reckon they need a new pay negotiator.

Sack most of them and make them re-apply.

That's the trouble when you've got a guaranteed pot of billions coming in.

:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. A lot of them are still hiding their wages and Graham Norton has been used as an example. He gets a direct wage of around £900k a year for his radio and eurovision. It does not include his nightly show because that is made by his own production company then sold to the BBC, this is how the BBC get around being honest about wages on many of its highest paid.

Programmes which are sold worldwide such as top gear, David Attenboroughs blue planet series, Dr Who etc come under the "worldwide" arm of the BBC so are not included in the request for the BBC to declare wages

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Becasue I own a TV,I'm forced to contribute to this shit too:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. These idiots have every right to express their own bubble-formed opinions ... but why are we required to hear them? *shrug*

Oh well, freedom of speech is a blade that cuts both ways. It is up to people to see the difference between "celebrity" and worthiness.

5. I want Alan Shearer's job. About 8 months of the year, a few hours on a weekend talking about football. Up to £450,000. Even I could talk shite for that long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Doesn't Chris Evans have to pay his staff out of his "earnings"?

7. Chris evans, £2.2 million.

Surely it's against my human rights to be forced to contribute towards that obnoxious bell ends salary? There needs to be an opt out for the BBC.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gary Lineker - a gobshite with as much talent as a dead wasp

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nope, these figures are direct BBC to employee wages. Had he used his own production company his wages would not had to have been declared.

Graham Nortons nightly show has not had the cost/wages declared as it is made by his own production company then sold to the BBC. The staffs wages and his, are then paid directly by the production company and not directly by the BBC

• Like Like x 1
  10. Now researching whether I can legitimately ditch my TV licence. I suspect the only thing stopping me now is laziness.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lots of them have managed to negotiate big pay packets - good luck to them I say but I think the nation could survive without that daft bint Alex Jones and save over £400,000.

....and tell John McEnroe to do one and save over £150k! (for two weeks work??).

On the other hand I'd be happy to see Andrew Neil get plenty more than his £200k plus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I really hate Steve Wright with his stupid "Jockin" show on a Friday afternoon - sounds like a 7 year old!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Is it a BBC thing or just what they need to pay to keep the "talent".Much like football, paying millions to buy and they more millions in wages is mental but the club that doesn't pay won't get the players.

The whole salary system for high profile jobs is broke as much as the BBC itself me thinks. I don't blame the celebs for 1 minute cos I sure as hell would take it if it was offered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just get rid of the licence fee. That way if there's something you don't want to pay for you won't be forced to. I got rid of my licence fee and I only watch Amazon instant video/prime and Netflix. I'll buy a blu Ray or DVD if I'm really into something.

15. As long as you don't watch or record live tv you're fine. I can find the motogp and the ufc online or on YouTube no problem. No illlegal downloading involved.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Are well guys back to Love Island

17. :joy: so much hate in this thread!

18. There are boxes available that you can plug into and it delays the signal, much in the same way the tv companies delay some acts to ensure it can edit out rudeness and some radio stations use for the same purpose on live shows. Technically those would achieve the not watching at the time of broadcast rule

19. It's not a surprise. I wonder what tomorrow's headline story will be ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information