1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Beautiful But Worrying Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Desmo Jim, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Well it was only 25mph but it didn't stop a young girl pulling out in front of me and writing off my XDiavelS. But it enabled me to buy a new beautiful and the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden over the 45 years of riding and racing two wheels. This being the Multistrada V4S Tourer. But it has had to be recovered by Ducati AA as the engine blow its main oil seal emptying all its oil over me and the high street. Also it’s a shame the adaptive cruise stopped working second time out at the same time as the heated grips stopped working on one side. Its only done 150 miles it's such a shame as I hope this is not a reflection of the new V4 multistrada as I still love it.

• Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • WTF x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon.
    I always worry with new vehicle releases as buyers are the final stage of the research and development with information being passed back to the factory so normally recall warranty work etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hope you get a brand new one; if that’s what you now want. Plus a bit of goodwill from Ducted Italy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. New model issues. Hope they fix quickly. I’d be more worried about the cruise problem than the oil one

5. and don’t forget your dry cleaning bill!
    Nasty.

6. It appears the V4 Multis sales are halted and are being recalled

7. Really????

8. Production has been halted as of last week but that is Covid related. Couldn't see anything about a general recall.

9. Reports of a number of US dealers issued a stop sale order. Seems to be an oil exiting engine problem

10. This all sounds beyond dangerous to the point of life endangering. Is there an official Ducati response?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes it’s due to the AstraZeneca vaccine.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Maybe the trip range should be measured in miles per (oil) gallon? mpo.
    I'll get me coat.................

13. Yes that's the problem with modern time , everything is wanted now. Back in the day manafacturers would r&D for 3-6 months before releasing a new model

14. Yes Riders have been really good as Ducati want the engine out to research i have been offered another one.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Isn’t that what all those spy shots were that we saw in the media?

16. The problem is actual riding hours a couple of test riders and engines running on test beds doesn’t reflect real world riding. Now there’s lots of test pilots all over the world letting the mother ship what’s wrong

17. Maybe it’s a ‘bad robot’ issue? As BMW had with some of their 1000RR engines on the production line.

18. There is never going to be a substitute for hundreds of vehicles out there being used in the way only owners can do.

19. The problem is manufacturers don’t make things anymore, they design them and assemble them, the parts are made elsewhere to a “cost” accepted by the buyer. If under inspection it turns out to be a batch of faulty parts dispatched by the supplier then a recall might be on the cards, if it’s not been seated properly during assembly then probably not?

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information