1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bedfordshire Italian car & bike day 7/7/13

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dukedesmo, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Might do. I popped in last year on my KTM250 after a morning of hooning around on local green lanes and I only stopped long enough for a smoke because it was immediately obvious that I wasn't the kind of person they wanted there :tongue:

2. Thanks Mate

I had forgotten about that.

I will be there if the weather is fair.

See you at the usual Petrol Station in MM, time TBC...

3. Hi, where is it being held, as I may have a toodle up from Essex if the weather looks OK.

4. The easiest way is to head up the M1 to junction 13 for Bedford then go through Bedford heading north on the A6 and it's about 10 miles out of town with the nearest village being Sharnbrook. After Bedford you go along a stretch of dual carriageway, through a village called Milton Ernest, down a hill and past a pub on your left, straight over a roundabout then up and over a short rise and turn left where it's signposted to Sharnbrook (again) where I think there's a warning sign about a low bridge ahead. The meeting place is 50 yards off the A6 on the right. If you go past a garage on your right you've gone too far so turn round and about a mile back turn right.

You can turn off at J14 but it's a bit more complicated to describe though it is a much more entertaining route to ride on a bike. Essentially you go towards Newport Pagnell, follow signs to Olney then Lavendon then Harrold then Odell then Sharnbrook. Watch out for bends between Odell & Sharnbrook that are tighter than they look at first and the fields are very unforgiving.

You don't get that kind of description from your Garmin :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had this planned for months and now I might need to give in and spend time with the family. Can not complain really

6. Sounds like a plan, as you say time TBC depending on who, where what, when etc. :upyeah:

7. I could pop along to this... If anyones arranging a meet up, it would be pretty cool to turn up there en-masse on a bunch of even more uber cool Ducati's!... Anyone registering their bike to show?

8. I've been a few times and have never registered, the bikes just turn up and the Italians are directed to one parking area near the show cars, and the other nationalities are parked in another area with the non-show cars.
    You can book for the posh nosh inside etc. but we generally chill out under the trees or on the grass bank and eat the Hogroast and Ice Cream.

9. I will have to work on earning a pass :wink: quite fancy it though.

10. Went last year, but this year it clashes with BSB at Snetterton.

11. Hi guys,

Im keen for this but won't be able to confirm for a couple of days although im 80% sure. If i go i will be leaving from the watford area and i will plan a no motorway twisty route.

I will post up here when I'm 100%.

12. Yes, i'll be going if the weathers ok.
    Leaving Warwick 8.30, should be over to McD's Market Harbrough by 9.15 for breakfast.
    If there is a meet at Melton Mowbray as in previous years what time will you be passing?

I went to this a few years ago and could not believe the cars & bikes that were there and how friendly and approachable the owners were.
    Great day out :smile:

13. I am not able to make it this year, I had planned to as it's always a good ride in and a great Ducati gathering. However I am now donning a wet suit and submerging myself in Stoney Cove for a diving course that was brought forward a week. At least the weather is going to fine for all our adventures this weekend. Have fun guys, hopefully meet up for some summer ride outs soon. Carla

14. Roughly what time are people thinking of arriving there. I'm now thinking I can watch BSB on telly and it'd be a nice run out from Norfolk. I have to work until 10:30/11am, and its about 2 hours from me, so me and the Desmo would look to get there 1:30 ish.

15. Well I have a pass so would meet up on route, the earlier the better but I intend to be out all day :upyeah:

16. How about meet up 9:00 at M.Mowbray, set off about 9:15, that gives Bagley about 30 mins to have his brekky whilst we wander down the 23 ish miles of twisty roads to McD's at Mkt Harborough. Leave there about 10:00 for a leisurely ride down the 28 ish miles of A6 to arrive comfortably before the official start time of 11:00.

Enjoy the diving Carla, the rest of us are going to stay dry.:cool:

17. I plan to go along, getting there about midday. I haven't registered for free entry as they say you need to be there before 10:30, so we'll pay the £3 "on the door".

Will only be coming from Stony Stratford via the back roads, so see you there.

Steve B

18. Sounds good to me, at the Esso petrol station on the corner of Leicester Road and Dalby road (A607 & B6047) at 9:00 then onto Mkt H etc. :upyeah:

As for getting there after 10:30, I've done that a few times and never had to pay any entrance fee or park in the 'naughty' corner...

19. Im in ;-) Will be leaving from the Dome roundabout in watford. Going to see if i can plan a twisty route over. So time TBC is anyone want to join me. Now i got to decided which bike :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information