1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belgian Beer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Apr 7, 2020.

1. In the absence of having to go to work :mask:, a bit of sun and working in the garden, my stocks of my favourite Belgian beer - Kasteel Donker - Quadrupel :yum have been severely depleted. :worried:

Difficult to find in this country, I ordered a dozen bottles from Belgium this morning. £10 delivery, but this was an emergency situation. o_O

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 11.43.24.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have Budweiser, Carlsberg and Guinness in my fridge.

Cos I ain't a metrosexual or a hair-bear.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Belgium Beer... here's all I know about it... taste beautifully smooth, like it wouldn't hurt a sole, yet gets you absolutely twa**ed!.. I've just done a BrewDog order (staying away from Punk).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whisky lasts longer and kills coronavirus :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. "You're a boozer, Harry!"

6. Historically there have been 'boozers' in the family, but no more in that particular trade ;)

7. "You're an historian, Harry!"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I wouldn't use the 1st 2 as wheel wash. :confounded: Anybody comparing that shite with Belgian Trappist beer is a heathen. Guinness is nice. :yum

#8 Robarano, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Sissy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. You washing up liquid drinker.

11. You go wash your mouth out!

Oh. Wait.

12. I love Belgian beers and have been drinking them for quite a few years now.
    There are so many great beers but my favourites are probably Chimay Blue and Rocheforte 10. Westmalle Dubbel is pretty damn good too.
    Here's a selection of what I've drunk over the past 5 or 6 years. Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.47.26.png Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.47.41.png Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.47.59.png Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.48.11.png Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 12.48.21.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Have you tried Wild Beer's Millionaire yet?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I used to always drink Tennents Lager - shit the 80's were bad :bucktooth::D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Didn't realise you were Glaswegian.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Ooh! I forgot about St Bernadus. Abbot 12 for choice :yum:yum
    St Bernadus Abt 12.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Belgian beers get the thumbs up from me too.

Got to go with availability though, so Leffe or Pelforth are easy to get here and reasonable for price.
    Essential shopping required very soon as Im drinking some tat from Aldi this afternoon..

• Like Like x 1
  18. No, we got it in the sticks too :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. I can recommend these sources for Belgian beers; Beerwulf, Beers of Europe, Beeritz
    Although Beers of Europe piss me off. I could get free delivery if I lived in Dundee and free delivery if I lived in Aberdeen but because of my postcode they want to charge me £9.00 delivery. I live 1/2 mile off the main A90 Dundee - Aberdeen road FFS! So I try not to deal with them.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information