1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bell Helmets

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Bluehawk, Dec 19, 2018.

1. As the title might suggest...

Who has one one?

Are they good?

Better than, worse than Shoei, Arai?

TIA.

G

2. Personal preference - not bought a helmet for 18 years as I got on well with my old OGK (Arai Copy brand) just tried every helmet on that Infinity had in stock and the Shoei GT Air felt miles better than all the others by far.
    Some great deals on 2018 colours at the moment - bought mine from Demon Tweeks @ £310 including free next day delivery...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. o_O

4. I have a bell dual sport helmet for green laning - MX9. It’s ok. Not a patch on the Arai and X-lite helmets I have for build quality.

Not a fair comparison though as I’m comparing one of Bell’s more budget offerings against mid to top end Arai et al.

5. Loads, though they are not that quiet.
    [​IMG]

6. Problem is you have Bell written on your forehead. Hence I could never wear one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I use a black marker or black gaffa tape to form an oval disc too cover the bell word.

8. I have had three and personally always liked them because the fit was just right for me.

9. I find my MX5 very comfortable with not a lot of road noise. Also like the thickness of the visor and its the same colour of my bike.
    IMG_1146.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. In thirty years of riding i have only ever owned four lids,the first was a plain white shoei,the second a arai in mixed colours to match the bike,the third a open face which i still use today,and a secondhand black arai from a friend.It is a bit like trying on a pair of jeans and has to be personable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just bought a Bell star helmet after always having Shoei’s, all I can say is I’m very impressed, really nice fit and quieter than my x sprite 2. Would recommend to anyone, sizing runs true to Shoei as well

• Like Like x 1
  12. I personally only wear arai as these fit me better for my xs head,I did try a bell helmet on at the show this year as I loved the color but didn't feel write so I will be sticking with arai

13. Arai man here too but rate Shoei Gt Air as per Exige , first quality helmet was a Bell though many moons ago,liked them and think they always look classy.
    If you’ve got a ten dollar head get a ten dollar helmet/lid was their strap line if I recall

14. My experience has been bell open face fitted me badly and too tight in areas but full face were ok both in same size, decent quailty but over the years Arai and Shoei have been the best for me in quality noise and comfort

Do Not Sell My Personal Information