1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belly Pan Install

Discussion in 'Monster' started by wadesnj, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Has anybody bought and installed the belly pan available from P&P Motorcycle Bodyworks in Dorset? I've just ordered a red one for my Monster 1000Sie, Craig at P&P very helpfully sent me a paint sample, looks a pretty good match for Anniversary Red, not exact, but close enough. I wondered if anybody had any hints or tips about fitting with the mounting hardware supplied by P&P?
    paint sample.png DUCATI-MONSTER-696-796-BELLY-PAN-2-Copy.jpg

Hopefully should tidy up the under exhaust area.
    IMG_20180925_171504.jpg

2. I'm really interested to hear about how it fits and how well it looks as i'm considering adding one to my M600. so keep the updates rolling in as you do it!

3. Yes, it seems to be the same pan for all models from M600 up to 1000S, so hopefully I'll be able to give you some useful info. My main concern is the quality of the fitting hardware and how strong and stable the fitment will be. The last pan I fitted to my M600 was really good, it was an unpainted one from Germany and had a simple but strong set of brackets and lasted very well, was still looking great when I traded it in for the 1000S this year, and it had been on the bike for seven years! The sample of fibreglass Craig sent me looks good quality, nice and thick and a good gel coat.
    IMG_20180719_184850.jpg

4. So the belly pan arrived today, and looks great. Not a bad colour match for the Anniversary Red. Fitting at the weekend, when we have monsoons and hurricanes forecast for South Wales IMG_20181011_133023.jpg IMG_20181011_132953.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. And here is the P and P belly pan fitted. I think it looks great, at first I was a bit worried that is was too big, but now I think it looks just right, very close fitting and follows the bike contours well. IMG_20181024_162039.jpg IMG_20181024_165834.jpg IMG_20181024_162100.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Very pleased with the quality and fit, good price too, £95 + £5 postage inc. VAT. Very good service and communication from Craig at P&P Motorcycle Bodyworks in Dorset. http://www.pandpbodyworks.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks really tidy. I'm planning on getting my resprayed this winter so i'm defrinately going to do this as well.

Thanks for the update.:upyeah:

8. No problem, I was surprised how good a colour match it was. Craig at P&P sent me a paint sample and it looked pretty close, but now it is on the bike it looks very close! They call the colour "Post Office Red" and the Ducati colour is "Ducati Anniversary Red" so you could always get yours resprayed to match the belly pan!!

9. Yea good idea. Mine was orignally yellow, but it was very badly custom pained black by previous owner, so I want to restore it to the original colour. I noticed they do a front mud guard in yellow (which i also need) so if they can do both in yellow i'll get the paint code from them and match it.

10. I'm sure Craig would be happy to send you out a sample of the yellow, I told him I was posting his details here and he is very happy to assist any Ducatiforum members. I would say that the sample he sent me was a good colour match but a bit "dull", that is the actual belly pan was much more shiny, and matched the paintwork better.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information