1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Belt Change

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by chase, May 10, 2018.

1. Hi ,
    Does anyone know of anyone they would trust with a belt change? - 999s , I live north of Bedford by a few miles .
    We are a bit short of Ducati workshops in the area,
    Independents ok if recommended.
    Thanks.

2. Baines Racing at Silverstone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I was also just going to recommend you contact Geoff at Baines Racing. Just done my 30k service with belts and very happy with his work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RPM at St James business park Northampton ex Ducati technician

5. Thanks All,
    Had them done previously at St Neots , didn't realise they were still doing Ducati.

6. Diy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Old rider, that’s my plan next time? Got the new belts on so I am going to take tension readings to have a base line for when I do them, that’s if I can live with the tank range and keep the bike that long

8. 99Hz for new belts from ExactFit. 90Hz for in-service tension. Taking tension readings from stretched in-service belts won't work.
    Measure tension with Gates CarbonDrive app downloaded to your phone - works a treat, especially when used in conjunction with a (cheap) plug in microphone.

9. Bit late probably, but can't recommend st Neots enough.The original and best Ducati dealer in the area before the bloody VW car dealership got the franchise and Ducati stuffed em.
    Great people and worth spending time at to look at collection and have a cuppa.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I use RPM, excellent service there from Iain. Baines have a very good reputation too or as above, St Neots who are really nice , helpful people.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information