1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belt Cover Availability For 900ssie......

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Speedy23, Apr 9, 2021.

1. err...there isn't any!

Subsequent to the saga of the rubber pulley housings, managed to order a couple of new ones for a not-unreasonable £20 each! so far, so good......except that the plastic belt covers (24510061A (H) and 24510071A (V)) that complete the ensemble appear to be akin to rocking-horse doodoo.....I can't seem to find any anywhere! It's the H one that's broken, the bottom front lug has gone. I suspect that this is a fairly common injury? Don't care if they are grey or black, just having 'em at all would be a bonus!

Given that this engine seems to have been used in quite a few models, are there any alternative or aftermarket parts that will fit, or am I doomed to combing the shores of the Bay....along with 20000 other Ducati owners all looking for the same thing?

Anybody got any ideas?

Would it be beyond the bounds of credibility to get the old ones scanned and have replacements 3-D printed?

You can tell I like this bike, though.....there's not a lot of others out there that I would be prepared to do this for......it's growing on me, just like my old Guzzi did.

I will be doing the clutch next....ordered some bits (a new alloy basket and some Adige friction plates) from Italy so hoping I won't get any unpleasant surprises in the way of Brexit-related extortion attempts.

Thanks again

S23

2. If at all possible, then to keep costs down it may be worth considering repairing the original covers - their only function is to keep dirt/water out as far as I know, although I think some people may even run without or with cutaways (like your clutch!). There are definitely aftermarket alternatives, but whether there are any plain ones at a low price I don't know. It seems extravagant to me to go for alloy or carbon fibre, simply for visual appeal, but here's an example:

https://www.rsrmoto.com/ducati-900-monster-900ss-carbon-fibre-cam-belt-covers-plain-gloss-rsr-moto/

I think there may even be transparent ones out there, which could be entertaining.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. not sure if the 750 and the 900 are the same probably not
    type in tha part number on ebay (even try google)
    just tried that and found some items related
    if 750 is the same i could check what i have on my spare engine

think the monster items are the same fitment but not %100 sure

4. The covers will be different, as cylinder heights 750 vs 900 are different

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. thats what i was thinking due to cylinder stroke but wasnt sure

6. Yep, the belts are different lengths.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information