1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Belts

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gary 916sp, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HI ALL
    HAS ANYBODY USED CHEAPER BELTS THAN THE USAL DUCATI ONES AND WHAT DO YOU think OF THEM SUCH AS IS IT WORTH PAYING £110 or £50 for gates powergrip

2. @Exige

And PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. There are cheaper and better belts available through a certain member on this forum... Stumping up a little bit of wonga for a Subscription to support the forum will also entitle you to a forum discount on them too :upyeah:

@Exige and @El Toro will be able to help you should you wish to subscribe and then purchase said belts ;)

4. Bloody hell, you two are on the ball!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. There generally made by a manufacturer called gates which I believe ducati use as main supplier ,, i’v changed mine numerous times and used gates belts for a Renault 5 1200cc and never had a problem

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Exige normally* has an excellent reputation on here..... Exactfit good bits of kit and save you money on the oem.

* Get rid of my nukes dude......

7. Ducati now duel source using the far east - there are more than a dozen different Ducati Belts and only one that has exactly the same fitment as a car, but are a different lesser/spec, Ducati belts were upgraded due to issues. If you don't want to risk a lesser spec belt and want a better price you can up spec to Exact Fit belts which offer less stretch then OEM belts, hence the lower tension (99Hz) which puts less force on the bearings too :) and a fab 15% discount if you subscribe and support this Forum for only £5 a year (£15 if you go for the fab Halfords discount card)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information