1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Belts

Discussion in 'Monster' started by shakeys dad, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Can somebody please tell me how often the belts need changing on these please, and should they still have an annual service

2. Belts every 15,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. My Diavel (2011 model 1198 engine) was on 15,000 miles or 5 years for belts. The Desmo valve check service is at 15,000 or 18,000 miles depending on the year the bike was built.

The Desmo service requires the rear hub & bearings on single-sided swinging arm bikes to also be checked. Can cost around £1k..

The bike still had an annual service when belts or Desmo service were not required.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Schedule calls for annual service. Belts are 5 years and/or depending upon year either 15 or 18k miles

• Like Like x 3
  5. Right enough as usual. I must be getting past it, 60 months equated as 3 years in my head for some reason. :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Agree with the above the schedule calls for 9,000 (oils plus) light service and an 18,000 (belts, plugs & swing arm) big service. See the attached for all Testratetta engined bikes.

The single sides swing arms on all bikes really do need to be stripped and lubed. It is not nice :( - The Ducati one seemed better designed to last and to service than the speed triple.

Attached Files:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information