1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Euro Track Day...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by JohnnySea, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Hi,

For those track day warriors I'm after some advice on best tracks in Europe and best UK based track day organisers? Hoping to do at least one or two each year and would welcome any advice.

2. Depends where you fancy riding? MSV seem to do a good job in the UK generally, and they own most of the good circuits. Phil Bevan does good ones out of Pembrey if you're that way.

Portamao was great when I went, fast and flowing and you had to have big balls to ride fast. Not too far from civilisation to the track (as many Spanish ones are) and facilities were good enough.

3. I’m keen to ride on the continent and preferably somewhere nearer the sun and civilisation.

4. Hi

Ridden most of the euros, first question I would have is which UK circuits do you enjoy ? That will assist with which Euro ones you might like, if you like places like Brands GP, Oulton, Cadwell with decent elevation changes, blind entries etc then I would start with any of these:

Portimao
    Aragon
    Parcmotor
    Jerez

I do all my Euros with nolimitstrackdays.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Would you like to go in Spain and what sort of budget do you have ? The relevance is somewhere like Almeria, Cartagena or Montablanco would be considered budget tracks whereas Jerez, Valencia and Barcelona are all rideable but high end budget. Farside do the exotic tracks, Redline (if still in business) get a good write up and then there are No Limits and Focussed Events that cater for the budget, get as many riders on track at one time as possible end of the market. Multiple day, restricted numbers, open pit lane is my preference but it is more expensive. Andy

#5 Android853sp, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  6. This is all brilliant advice. Exactly what I’m looking for.

I don’t have that much experience in the UK. Have only been on Silverstone so far and obviously loved the experience.

Am still a beginner so although I wouldn’t rule out anything with blind corners or big changes in elevation that might not be the natural starting point.

As for budget, I don’t have a fixed budget. I prefer to look at value for money. If I pay more do I get more? I guess there is two things to look at here - the track and the organiser. With the track, I appreciate that I’m going to pay a premium to ride the big name tracks and I’m OK with that. As far as the organisers go, do the prices vary much and what do you get for your money?

7. Brno..NL

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. More money usually gets you smaller numbers and in the case of my local organiser, a better quality hotel and an extra night so you aren't chucked out of the hotel on the morning of the last day. No matter what the cost, you get knobs and warriors. In a smaller group and open pit lane, you get to plan your time on track and avoid the heros. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  9. is he DAT qualifying?

10. Credit checks aren't back yet lol

11. dont forget tracksense , they are a little more expensive than FE and NL et al, but every event i have done with them has been very well run, lots of fun and a notable lack of dickheads on track.

best value euro in terms of track time per £ = almeria/andalucia, cartagena, parcmotor , alcerras, albacete, slovaikiaring

portimao is a very special circuit and pretty good value

then these GP circuits are all great imho jerez spa mugello aragon catalunya brno

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Redline are a decent outfit.

Given current circumstances, I'd only pay any with credit card just in case so at least you can try and claim some back!

13. Really appreciate all the feedback folks.

14. Was going to ask a similar question as the OP, so good work on raising the thread and also great feedback guys :upyeah:...

On the subject of European dates, when do the dates usually get released?? And also with regards to the GP tracks (I'm looking at Jerez) do they sell out super quickly??

I've also seen conflicting info on the web regarding noise... are they generally no limits or 105 as some places say?

15. Noise never an issue overseas
    G Mg errs sells out fast because it’s good but also the timing late and early in the year....
    My humble advise is go anywhere and enjoy far better attitude generally than Uk better weather better beer and craic

• Like Like x 1
  16. G Mg errs?

17. Very subjective thing.

the best track days I’ve been on it Europe have been with Rehm and pacedayz by a country mile. They’re like the Rolls Royce of euros. Very well run and usually a pit full of high calibre riders. The fast group is FAST. But it’s rare to get many if any red flags.

I hear redline etc are also good.

Controversially the best run trackdays I’ve been on in the uk has been focussed events the last two years. Which is actually why I started instructing for them as I used to solely use No Limits.
    I never used to be a fan of msv but they have improved a fair bit and I’d say they’re fairly kind to novices also :)

#18 Advikaz, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Jerez

19. I didn't know you instructed..

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information