1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Product For Bringing Back Vw T4 Bumpers ....

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Packman, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Well folks ... ive got a 98 VW T4 and the front and rear bumpers have lost there color ... ive tried WD40 / AC90 same stuff really , black on black , Autogylm bumper gell the list goes on and im getting well cheesed off now o_O

2. @rob lewis is probably best equipped to answer this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Years ago Wurth used to do a really good re-colour spray for that era textured bumpers in the correct black shade. You’d have to remove all those other products first though to avoid adhesion problems!

4. I saw something on utube once where a guy used a heat gun to bring the colour back - seemed to work...

5. Could you post a picture?

6. You can use a heat gun gently on black unpainted bumpers to bring them back to black, works a treat

7. Cherry Blossom shoe polish.. Works a treat, £1 in Poundland (obvs)

8. Ok....absolute best is a product called Solution Finish.....only buy the tiny 15ml bottle as it will be enough....Will turn all faded black external plastics back to Factory..the stuff is amazing....Just make sure you really clean the plastics first to ensure a good bond...so clean as usual then wipe down with IPA.....then apply.....I use it on all details that require external plastics recolouring. Hope this helps....

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Looks really good.

10. Do you get to drink the rest of the bottle ?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. haha.....nope I bought the large bottle, and I must still have 90% left after 4 years using this stuff....It really is an outstanding product...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Smooth peanut butter - it does work. Even gets rid of white marks from car polish
    Smooth peanut butter

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Have used smooth peanut butter for years, bikes and cars, people laugh till they try it

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The downside is you have fecking squirrels chase you every where, cvnts they are. Doing 70mph down the M25 and there they are, on your bonnet, smiling and licking your trim guard and wipers.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Kin how much :eek:

16. Don't know about squirrels but it worked on the wife's Panda.
    The plastic between screen and bonnet was seriously faded - Autoglym, back to black etc wouldn't touch it but the peanut butter did the trick. Interesting to see how long it will last.
    I recommend removing some from the jar first though. Not sure the wife swallowed the excuse that it was black and tasted funny due to burnt toast.
    Ok, I made that last bit up...

17. I did this on my Fiat Ducato based campervan after seeing youtube posts. Initially it looked great and bought the black back. However after about six months they had faded back to an even duller grey, that was blotchy, presumably from the uneven heating of using a heat gun.

Would put this technique into the "one for those with few scruples if you are about to sell it" remedies.

18. Im using Maguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer , so far pretty good with only 2 applications in 2 months and still good ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information