1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Race Gloves

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Pablo Pirate, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Howdo!

In the market for a new set of gloves - Track only.

Wondering what people are using and why?

Gloves that currently look pretty cool but expensive (No price on protection I know) Five Race gloves, Held Titan Evo & the Revit Jerez Pro.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers Pablo

2. I currently use Alpinestar GP Pro but will be going to Five because they make a glove big enough for my shovels, the one down from their all singing race gloves which are a lot cheaper but not a lot different. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kushitani gpr6

They are a better fit for me than the held phantom 2 as i have long narrow hands

#3 RC1, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I had Knox Handroid gloves and they were brilliant and really comfortable. But the last time they got a soaking in Scotland in July they dried funny so I chucked them (I'd had them 6 years anyway and were due to be replaced).

I then bought a pair of Knox biomech from Matt46 that he'd never worn, at a fraction of the price he'd bought them for (Bought on line and they didn't fit him). They fit me like a........err.......glove ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Second @El Toro on the comfort of the Knox Handroid but somebody on here got some pretty nasty injuries when the tightening mechanism dug into his wrist and some say the stitching is questionable

I'm using the Kushitanis too and I really like them, very comfortable. They are understated in their looks

I also have a set of the Dainese race gloves not as comfortable as the other two, but still a very good glove IMHO

From my experience and all the others so far it would appear that there is not so much between a lot of the brands.

Hard thing to recommend really as its like all wearable equipment so much is down to personal fit and taste

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The trick is not to fall off, @Old Jock ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GP pro's for me I was looking at the Knox handroids the other day and they are a long glove must be about 4" longer that the GP's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Then you wouldn't need gloves. Catch 22 ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. I've had loads of gloves, but none have been better than the Held Phantom and Titan's I have now....nothing!

10. Happy with my Dainese Full Metals now - took a bit of breaking in before they stopped rubbing my pinkies but now nice and snug and protective but nice feel on the bars and levers

• Like Like x 1
  11. ive just had a ride out in my new kushitani's after not getting on with the fit of the held phantom 2's

i have to say that despite the very sub optimal conditions the kushitanis did a great job and have a very sensitive feel to them.. they are quite an effort to get on and off but once on are brilliant
    i do have rather narrow hands with slender fingers though. the phantoms rode up high on the palm whereas these cover the palm nicely with the wrist strap sitting exactly where i want it to

not the flashiest and i was initially dubious about the absence of knuckle protection but those fears unfounded but the true test is once ive been down the road...

ive heard good things about five and arc-on and they were next on the list...

IMG_20160910_142124.jpg

IMG_20160910_142132.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've been using a pair of GP Pro's for about 30 trackdays now, and they've held up well and are pretty comfortable
    I have a set of the HELD Titan Evo gloves too, which I'm still breaking in. They're a much thinner palm than the GP Pro's and they seem probably more protective, but the wrist strap has half the velcro tucked under the wrist cover, so I had to take a scalpel to it and cut the cover back so that the wrist strap velcro would do up tighter
    The Held have a kangaroo palm too, so they don't get all stiff like the AS's do after a day of sweating in them

13. Just bought these Five RFX1s.
    image.jpeg
    Bigger than my Alpinestars GP Pros, almost the self same design and half the price. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  14. keen to see how you get on with the rfx 1s

interesting back story to them and i know at least one ducati dealer that will start stocking them officially next years

15. What's the (back) story, morning glory?

16. the boss of the company is an astars guy hence the irony of the comment above mine...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I'm a Knox handroid lover. Had a fantastic pair of Rev-it gloves for years and was disappointed to retire them as they were unbelievably good. After trying on every pair imaginable the Knox felt very stiff but still better than others. Only ones that came close were Dainese full metal.

After a couple of days I thought I'd made a mistake. So, so stiff. They soon broke in and now they are great.

Earlier handroid gloves did have issues. My friends pairs had various problems but upon getting mine I compared with their old ones. All weak areas had been addressed so shouldn't be any more issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm very happy with my gp pro's

19. Second the GP Pro's, decent gloves.

20. Don't disagree, worn my GP Pros for 3 years but the biggest size is still fractionally too small for my shovels. Five go one size bigger so decided to give them a try. Andy

#20 Android853sp, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information