1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Track Bike

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Jul 18, 2020.

1. After another great day on the k8 GSXR750 I'm struggling to think of a better track bike when you consider:
    Handling.
    Performance.
    Purchase price.
    Running costs.
    Spares availability/price.
    "Teaches you how to ride" as not massive power and very little rider aids.

What's better????

2. Sell the house and get a Suter :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. a 749..... wanna swap?

4. What's he gonna do, push it round :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Silly boy

6. No. No. And thrice no.

7. meanie

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. But it’s not a nein nein nein - he’s mixed up :bucktooth:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've got a CBR1000RR, 2015 model with no electronic aids and a very linear power curve and no funny suprises, great track bike. Half the price of a BMW1000RR that I wouldn't be able to use properly anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had 750's for a few years and they are great bikes. I even did ok racing one in the 1000cc class but once you've had a modern 1000cc bike you wouldn't go back I don't think.

My new 1000 feels like the 750 but with loads more power.

My lap times are similar to the 750 but easier to do as I only ride at about 90% these days and I would miss the speed of a 1000cc if I went back to a smaller cc machine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great bikes the 750 but why have a cheap 750 when you can PCP a 1000R for £130 PCM and bounce it down the track....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Because at 130pcm (I haven't seen a deal that low) you have to have it dealer serviced and after 3 years £4.5k down and nothing to show for it.

Also of you do major crash damage you are left with a big pile of expensive metal to pay for.

I can really see the appeal though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It’s all personal taste :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Probably nailed it there mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Is there a modern day sports bike that’s genuinely crap on track ? As long as the thing works and your not that wolly that has his bike in bits scratching his head in the garages wondering whats wrong with it then your laughing. Learnt that lesson the hard way with my last triple. I’ll only ever buy new from now on. As long as the thing works fine, due to modern day standards its gonna be mega on the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not going to the Ducati day at Donnington or Silverstone then? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I don't think so personally. Just different flavours..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. By the sounds of it the R1 as you can’t be good on track if you’re stuck in the garage! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information